VBAC-friendly homebirth midwife in Marion/Columbus, Ohio area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all! After a very traumatic uneccesary cesarean due to a breech baby, my husband and I have decided that before we start trying to conceive again, we have to find a homebirth midwife who is willing to deliver our next child at home. I am aware that Mamas who've previously had cesareans are more likely to experience breech babies due to the scar tissue in the lower uterus. I am also aware that Mamas who've previously had a breech baby are more likely to experience another. I've done my research on the risks of breech and have read the follow-up to the study that initially reported how dangerous breech births are. (For those of you who don't know, the follow-up study concludes that there is no statistical difference in outcomes by the two-year mark.)

Given that information, I am looking for a recommendation for a midwife who is willing to perform a homebirth after cesarean to a breech baby. To ensure that said midwife is not able to be prosecuted for any part of our birth, regardless of the outcome, I'm happy to sign any AMA (Against Medical Advice) forms prior to delivery and to allow the midwife to leave if at any time she feels uncomfortable. If we can't find a midwife, we'll be forced to have an unassisted birth and I'm not entirely comfortable with that.

Any recommendations/advice/information is appriceated!

Wife to an Air Force bomb disposal technician since June 2008

Mama to a breastfed, family-bed-sleeping, cloth-diapered, non-vaccinated, baby-worn, beautiful little lady, born April 2012 after 3 LONG years trying to conceive

Praying for another baby and a successful home water birth after cesarean...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Have you checked out CHOICE?  They have been around for a long time and are very reputable.  I don't think any decent midwife would leave you in the middle of birth if there was a problem. They should transfer you to a hospital.  I don't know that homebirth midwives are allowed to attend breech births at home.  They aren't in California.  But I wouldn't assume that you will have another breech baby.  A midwife may be able to help you turn the baby so that it is in a good position.  The Spinning Babies website also has a lot of good information about getting babies in a good position for birth.  Good luck! 

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kathy Mitchell!! SHE IS AMAZING! I had her for my homebirth back in Janurary and she is so professional. I am almost positive she does HBAC :) Email me for more details!! [email protected]!

User Tag List