Need Recomendations for a Vaccination Friendly Pediatrician in Metro Detroit. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all!

I'm a FTM looking for a pediatrician who is open minded about a delayed vaccination schedule. I have found some that say they're willing to work with parents' wishes, but I would much rather have someone who has an opinion about it and won't fight me every time we go in for a visit. We are in Macomb County and are looking for a pediatrician in the Saint Clair Shores, Eastpointe, Grosse Pointe area. Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Sarah

#2 of 10 Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Sarah - 

Did you ever find a Ped on the eastside?  I am currently looking.  Thanks. 

#3 of 10 Old 02-14-2013, 09:21 AM

#4 of 10 Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 PM

Hi Morgan- I am in GPP. My baby came early (at 28wks) and we spent 9wks in the NICU at St Johns. Dr. Schreck runs the breastfeeding clinic there so we went with her for our ped. She works out if St. John Pediatric Associates on 9mile. She is hardcore on breastfeeding- and although she personally believes in a full vax schedule she hasn't pushed us at all. Breastfeeding is our number one goal with our preemie - so it's a good fit for us. I know other moms who delay vaxs and they go to her also. Good luck.
#5 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM

Hi ladies,
We will be moving up in your neighborhood this summer and will be looking for the same type of ped. Please keep me in the loop in what you find. Both my boys are not VAX. I am also looking for some new friends since we don't know anyone in the northern Detroit metro area. I'd love to make a connection or two here! Thanks!
Jennie
#6 of 10 Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM

We LOVE Dr. Shcreck in St. Clair Shores.  She is an IBCLC and a Ped.  

#7 of 10 Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 PM

Hi, i am due in August and i'm looking for the same thing for the past 2 months. I callled a few doctors so far but they were almost harrasing me on the phone for not wanting to vax. A couple of them were ok with delaying the vax for couple months but to not vaccinate at all was not an option. So now i worry that i wont be able to find anyone before our baby is born and I WILL NOT vaccinate him. We live in Rochester area.
#8 of 10 Old 05-28-2013, 12:33 PM

Hi, I'm also in Rochester and looking for a vax friendly ped. Or a family practice. We were going to Kids First but they are not very flexible so were looking for a new place. We have another one due in August and want to delay vaccines for a minimum of six months, so if you find someone nearby definitely let me know!

Mommy to Brianna 8/24/05 and Ava 10/3/11 love.gif

#9 of 10 Old 06-28-2013, 11:27 AM

So, Dr. Schreck at St. John Pediatric Associates on 9 mile is the closest vax friendly doctor in the NE metro area? I will be moving into Macomb next month, if natalys3 or Shannon5683 want to connect, I am up for new like-minded friends! PM me! Thanks!
#10 of 10 Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM

Dr. Krueger in Novi is wonderful and very open minded about delayed vaccinations. She even mentions it on her website.

http://www.drkellykrueger.com/pediatric.htm

http://www.drkellykrueger.com/biography.htm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page