Mothering Forum banner

Looking for info and experiences with Upper Peninsula, MI

596 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  imalego 
#1 ·
My husband got a job offer in Houghton, MI and we are considering moving there. What's it like? Is there much of a crunchy mama community, or any mama community of support, LLL, other? What do you like to do in the UP? My parents live in Iron Mountain and I've visited there a ton as a kid, but only in summers, so I have to admit I'm a little scared of the rest of the year! I'm from California and have lived in Seattle and now on the Big Island of Hawaii, so to say this will be a big change is an understatement, LOL!

#2 ·
Bumping.... I know there are at least a few Houghton mamas in here!!

I'm in Marquette, so I don't know how much help I'd be, but I think Houghton still has an active LL. I hope someone can chime in and tell you a bit more about things to do around there/people to hang out with... I believe they have quite a few crunchy mamas up that way! I can say that it is a beautiful area and that they have a great food co-op and local brewery!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.