Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Indiana, Ohio, Michigan (http://www.mothering.com/forum/80-indiana-ohio-michigan/)
-   -   Cleveland birthing center (http://www.mothering.com/forum/80-indiana-ohio-michigan/1370200-cleveland-birthing-center.html)

inconditus 12-13-2012 05:14 PM

Has anyone given birth/is planning on giving birth at  Robinson Memorial Birth Center in Revenna, Ohio? 

This is the closest center that offers water births to me and it looks pretty badass from the website. Holistic care? Sign me up.

Some more reviews would be lovely though.

IdentityCrisisMama 01-04-2013 12:07 PM

Does anyone have experience with this BC to share with this mama? 

Youngfrankenstein 01-05-2013 02:41 PM

It is a rural-ish hospital.  I know they have all-in-one labor to recovery rooms.  There are no birth centers really in Ohio.  But, I think so much of it is who your HCP is.  

heartland midwife 02-11-2013 12:38 PM

Inconditus, were you able to get more information on Robinson?  It might be worth asking for a tour of their "birth center" and ask your questions!  This would also provide the opportunity (face-to-face) to feel out the honesty factor--- as some facilities and HCPs are far more serious about their gain of a maternity patient (forgetting to consider the parent's efforts to find & make decision on the facility & HCPs that will meet their needs). If they routinely welcome without hesitation mothers with birth plans (including accompaniment of doulas), if they welcome mothers to labor upright moving around without IVs placed, etc., there is indication of a tolerance of mother-centered childbirth.  

Nothing new offered in that said~   but I wish you a sweet and wonderful birth day...and encourage your gentleness but firm tiger-ness, to act on what you feel you will need to birth normally and stay the course to meet your needs and your baby's.  

San Hess, CPM

Heartland Midwifery

Fresno, Ohio 

erinsuzy 03-04-2013 08:39 PM

Are you allowed to post the website? I'm still new to the area (Norwalk/Sandusky) and I am looking around. I've lived in Texas and Kansas and it seemed like there were plenty of midwives and birthing centers but for whatever reason that seems harder for me to find up here.

inconditus 03-06-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsuzy View Post

Are you allowed to post the website? I'm still new to the area (Norwalk/Sandusky) and I am looking around. I've lived in Texas and Kansas and it seemed like there were plenty of midwives and birthing centers but for whatever reason that seems harder for me to find up here.

Yeah ohio isn't the best. Hmmmm if you are in Sandusky that's a bit of a drive. I think Lakewood hospital would be closer to you. They have water births avaliable and I the west side is more progressive than the east side of Cleveland so it's probably better.

erinsuzy 03-07-2013 12:50 PM

Thank you for the tip!