Cleveland birthing center - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone given birth/is planning on giving birth at  Robinson Memorial Birth Center in Revenna, Ohio? 

This is the closest center that offers water births to me and it looks pretty badass from the website. Holistic care? Sign me up.

Some more reviews would be lovely though.

#2 of 7 Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)

Does anyone have experience with this BC to share with this mama? 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#3 of 7 Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM

It is a rural-ish hospital.  I know they have all-in-one labor to recovery rooms.  There are no birth centers really in Ohio.  But, I think so much of it is who your HCP is.  

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#4 of 7 Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM

Inconditus, were you able to get more information on Robinson?  It might be worth asking for a tour of their "birth center" and ask your questions!  This would also provide the opportunity (face-to-face) to feel out the honesty factor--- as some facilities and HCPs are far more serious about their gain of a maternity patient (forgetting to consider the parent's efforts to find & make decision on the facility & HCPs that will meet their needs). If they routinely welcome without hesitation mothers with birth plans (including accompaniment of doulas), if they welcome mothers to labor upright moving around without IVs placed, etc., there is indication of a tolerance of mother-centered childbirth.  

Nothing new offered in that said~   but I wish you a sweet and wonderful birth day...and encourage your gentleness but firm tiger-ness, to act on what you feel you will need to birth normally and stay the course to meet your needs and your baby's.  

San Hess, CPM

Heartland Midwifery

Fresno, Ohio 

#5 of 7 Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM

Are you allowed to post the website? I'm still new to the area (Norwalk/Sandusky) and I am looking around. I've lived in Texas and Kansas and it seemed like there were plenty of midwives and birthing centers but for whatever reason that seems harder for me to find up here.

novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   homebirth.jpg    lady.gif of 4:bikenew.gif5 yr    blahblah.gif    4 yr   sleepytime.gif   2 yr   baby.gif  2 mo
#6 of 7 Old 03-06-2013, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsuzy View Post

Are you allowed to post the website? I'm still new to the area (Norwalk/Sandusky) and I am looking around. I've lived in Texas and Kansas and it seemed like there were plenty of midwives and birthing centers but for whatever reason that seems harder for me to find up here.

Yeah ohio isn't the best. Hmmmm if you are in Sandusky that's a bit of a drive. I think Lakewood hospital would be closer to you. They have water births avaliable and I the west side is more progressive than the east side of Cleveland so it's probably better.

#7 of 7 Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM

Thank you for the tip!

novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   homebirth.jpg    lady.gif of 4:bikenew.gif5 yr    blahblah.gif    4 yr   sleepytime.gif   2 yr   baby.gif  2 mo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page