Home Birth in Ann Arbor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

New to the site. Looking for any recommendations on a midwife for an Ann Arbor home birth. First preganancy, due in August. Yay!

I've heard great things on previous threads about Pat Kramer, but can't seem to find any contact information for her. I am attending the next open house for New Moon Midwifery as well. 

Everyone I know in the area gave birth at U of M. Any and all personal recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Natalie

#2 of 8 Old 01-12-2013, 06:57 AM

You could also contact Nicole White, Stacia Proefrock, or Kate Mazzara
#3 of 8 Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 AM

http://michiganmidwives.org/directory/

There are a lot of midwives here smile.gif start here, you can talk to the people a the Center for the Childbearing year, too. They will have names and reccs for you.

If you want to see Pat Kramer, I believe you need to find someone who has birthed with her to refer you.

Look for the Ann Arbor and Pregnancy sections of the "Michigan Natural Parenting" site.

Good luck!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#4 of 8 Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!

I have heard of Kate Mazzara but haven't heard from anyone that actually used her, not sure of the other two, but I will look into it.

Since I'll be at the Center for the Childbearing Year for the New Moon open house, so I'll see what other references they have.

Have either of you personally used any of those midwives. I would really love to get a personal recommendation from someone who had a positive experience. 

Thanks again for all the great help!

#5 of 8 Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 PM

We had an amazing home birth with New Moon Midwifery. The pre and post natal care was excellent. These ladies are wonderful!
#6 of 8 Old 01-15-2013, 05:16 AM

I used Stacia for my pregnancies. And I work with Kate as a midwife. Both are amazing midwives. I have also worked with Nicole l, she is out of Detroit and very laid back and funny.
#7 of 8 Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM

I've used Kate for both my homebirths and worked with her as well.  Love her and highly recommend her.  I also had the privilege to have Stacia at one of my homebirths too!  Both are great midwives.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#8 of 8 Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 PM

I gave birth with Amanda Howell from New Moon in 2009. Got great care with her and Amanda Topping and (then apprentice, now midwife) Jamie Eidsath. All were wonderful, knowledgable, sane and über-supportive. Wish we could have them for another baby but we've since moved 500 miles away. Stacia and Kate are fantastic midwives as well...I'd say speak to everyone and go with who feels like the best fit for you and your partner.

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page