Looking for OBGYN/Midwife recommendations in South Bend area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I move to the South Bend area (Granger) a few months ago and I'm very frustrated with finding doctors in this town.  It seems as though all the "good" doctors do not accept new patients.  I've gone through two internists for myself before finding one I (sort of) like and I had to call in a favor to get our daughter into a great pediatrician.  I'm anxious about now going through that process with an OBGYN or CNM.  DD is 13 months old and it's time for my annual exam and I would also like to establish care with someone who would potentially deliver our future children (I'm not currently pregnant).  I've asked a few people I've made friends with here if they would recommend their OBs and none of them actually said they were thrilled with theirs!  I've also done some online research but it's not much help.  I know there is an older thread on here along these lines but it's from several years ago and is outdated (some of the practices mentioned aren't around any more).  

Wondering if anyone has heard anything about Dr. Keller-Madden at the South Bend Clinic or the midwives at Memorial (Laura Mabry or Kristy Kile?) or can recommend another group I can go to that you like?  I'm looking for preferably a female doctor and someone who would let me be flexible in a birth plan and not try to force me into an epidural or anything like that. Right now I just need an annual exam but I'm planning for the future too!  Thanks for ANY advice!  smile.gif

#2 of 3 Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 AM

Kristin Vincent (CNM) @ St. Joseph OBGYN and Midwifery. 611 E. Douglas Rd. Suite 408 Mishawaka,IN 46545

(574) 335-6440 (she delivers at St. Joe & Memorial Hospital, right now the other midwife is Erin Hillers & they are hiring a third come summer)

Dr. Sara Bajuyo South Bend Clinic 2102 Inwood Rd  South Bend, IN 46614 574-299-2400 (not sure how flexible she is but she is a good doctor-worked with her as a doula with a client who was dealing with very high blood pressure: it ended in a vaginal birth after 3 days-any other doctor would have c/s her on the 1st day)

I know families that have been with Dr. Madden for years but I would check and see if she is still doing OB care-I think I heard she just recently stopped.

I haven't heard any negatives about the Memorial midwives
#3 of 3 Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page