Moving to Cleveland Ohio late summer/early fall - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All!

I just wanted to introduce myself!  Myself, husband and 2 children will be moving from Portland, OR to the Cleveland area later this summer.  We are moving to be closer to my family so will be starting over in the job department.  It is exciting and scary at the same time. We hope to find some crunchy families that we can get to know in the area, so I just wanted to say hi!!

Have a great Memorial Day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-01-2013, 05:08 AM

Hi! I just replied to your thread on schools so thoutht i'd say hello here. I am a mama to an almost 4 year old, stepmom to a 14 year old, both boys, and another little person on the way. I was raised here and love raising my family here. Yes, winters are rough & people tend to hibernate. It is a very family friendly city. Lots of museums, parks, fairs & festivals in the summer months. The cost of living can't be beat. Good luck on the move.

#3 of 4 Old 06-02-2013, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the welcome!  Even here in Portland, people hibernate during the winters..... all the rain and gloom.

I am starting to feel a tiny bit excited about it all.  Until now, I have not really allowed myself to feel anything other than apprehension about all of it, because it is such a big move for my family and we have been talking about it for so long! 

Hopefully things will continue to move along smoothly!  Funny thing is, this weekend I just met another Portland family that was moving to Cleveland!  Must be becoming more and more popular!

Thanks again and congratulations on the little one on the way!

#4 of 4 Old 06-10-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-pigeon View Post

Hi! I just replied to your thread on schools so thoutht i'd say hello here. I am a mama to an almost 4 year old, stepmom to a 14 year old, both boys, and another little person on the way. I was raised here and love raising my family here. Yes, winters are rough & people tend to hibernate. It is a very family friendly city. Lots of museums, parks, fairs & festivals in the summer months. The cost of living can't be beat. Good luck on the move.

I second the parks! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page