Looking for CNM in Oakland County, MI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I'm not pregnant yet but we're going to be TTC soon. I had my first with an OB in Texas. I went as natural as possible but it was still very 'hospital-y'. I'd like to use a midwife but our insurance (Tricare Reserve Select) will only cover a Certified Nurse Midwife. Who (or where) in the Oakland county area is good for a low-intervention birth? A birthing center would be swell, I don't know if I'm quite up for a homebirth in an apartment. Is it a good idea to get a preconception visit with the midwife/birth center as soon as we start trying so we don't have as much 'new patient' BS to wade through later?

Thanks!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 bouncy.gif   Pregnant with #2, hoping for a  stork-girl.gif 

#2 of 3 Old 07-12-2013, 04:27 AM

Hello wife of ant :) Remember me from the "wanting but waiting thread?" :)

We're in the same boat except I'm in Wayne County.  I'm considering Providence Alternative Birth Center in Southfield, Hutzel Women's hospital in Detroit, and U of M in Ann Arbor.  I am reading lots of very different reviews on each of them, but all of the reviews are several years old...so I am about to start a thread asking for current opinions on these places. 

#3 of 3 Old 07-16-2013, 07:08 PM

I'm a big fan of the Providence ABC. The midwives at Metro Partners are really awesome. I don't love the office that much (it's a bit factory-like), but the midwives and the ABC make up for it. 

http://www.theabcunit.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page