Looking for midwife recommendation-Battle Creek, Jackson, Lansing, Ann Arbor Michigan? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-03-2013, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  We're currently expecting our 2nd baby, and looking for a midwife in the Battle Creek-Jackson-Lansing-AA area. We live in Jackson.  Our first was born at the Greenhouse Birth Center in Okemos, but now that they've closed we're exploring options for a home birth.  So far we've come across a few that seem good-Linda Healey in Battle Creek, New Moon in AA, and Sue Rusk in Jonesville.  We were interested in Kate Mazzarra, but she apparently had a bad experience with the hospital here and now won't attend births in Jackson.  Does anyone have experience with any of those midwives, or are there others that you'd recommend?  Thanks for your help!

#2 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 PM

I had a homebirth with Linda Healey. I can not speak enough amazing kind words about her. She was absolutely wonderful!  I would recommend her time and time again to anyone wanting a homebirth in that area.

#3 of 7 Old 09-09-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

thanks!  we'll definitely contact her!

#4 of 7 Old 09-13-2013, 03:17 AM

I loved my pregnancy care and home birth with New Moon in 2009. You should also check out Stacia Proefrock at Trillium Birth Services in Ypsi--she's awesome (I don't know her travel radius).

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
#5 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 AM

Hi! My midwife, Kim Woodard, studied under Linda Healey. She was absolutely amazing. Here is her number =) (269) 420-0649. She is a wealth of knowledge and is based in Battle Creek. My doula was also wonderful! Her name is Erika Gothberg and her number is (269) 589-8834.
#6 of 7 Old 10-11-2013, 02:27 AM

Stacia and New Moon, I know a lot of women who were really happy with them. Pat Kramer is who I used because of her low transfer rates, so many years of BTDT experience, low tech great outcomes and really after I interviewed her I just knew she was the right person to assist.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#7 of 7 Old 10-17-2013, 03:34 PM

Connie Perkins-517 614 7756, redcedarbirh.com caught my second baby, loved her

Pat Kramer-*(734)428-8740 was my midwife awesome

New moon Midwifery( a group of 3 midwifes out of ann arbor)

Trillium Birth Services, Stacia Profreck -(734) 834-5392 was my midwife really great!

Audra Post- HarmoniousWorldMidwifery@gmail.com (517) 525-0219

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page