Good Midwives in Columbus, Ohio Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-17-2013, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I am a young/first time mom, and I am thinking of getting a homebirth, although I am not quite decided yet.

I would appreciate any guidance you all could offer me in finding the best possible midwives for my first birth. I heard very good things about a certain Becky Frye from Fredricktown, who also is an EMT. I have tried to find her contact information on the net, but have been unsuccessful. If any of you might have it, I would greatly appreciate receiving it from you. Although, she might not want to do it because I live about 1 hour 20 minutes away from Fredricktown.

I've also heard of CHOICE, that they are a bit..."crusty" was the word one mother used, but I took it to mean a bit grumpy/bossy? But if there is a good midwife from CHOICE, I would still like to know her contact information as well. And anyone else anyone may know about. Thank you!

cynthia mosher likes this.
#2 of 5 Old 10-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Welcome HannahLee! Hopefully someone in the area will post and share a recommendation. Have you joined your Due Date Club? You can chat with other moms due the same month as you and share your pregnancy and birth experiences. Here's the list of Due Date Clubs. Just click the group you want and then click on Join Group and you're in! 

#3 of 5 Old 11-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hi HannahLee! I did a summer internship with CHOICE many years ago. They have a great group of midwives and have been a strong part of the community for many many years. They have a group of midiwives and doulas who vary in age and experience and probably vary in "crustiness" also. I would imagine you might have a good connection with at least one of them. I would suggest calling to see if you can set up a consultation to meet someof the midwives and talk with them. Good luck!

http://www.choicemidwives.org/?page_id=95

p.s. I moved this post to the Ohio forum to see if you get more information there.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#4 of 5 Old 11-17-2013, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, Becky Fry's # is 740-397-9128.
 There's the CHOICE & BORN midwifery groups in Cols. But they have been very busy lately, & have referred some clients down to me.
I'm 1 1/2 hrs south of Cols. but I have kids/grandkids living up there, so I'm up there frequently. My # is 740-710-1218

San Hess 330-231-5945, is about the same distance east.

#5 of 5 Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

The midwives at Carepoint Gahanna are really great.  They do deliver at OSU, but you get really great, low-intervention and make your own choices care.  If you decide not to do homebirth for whatever reason, please check them out.  They are incredible.

Tags
Midwives , Midwifery Programs , Choosing A Midwife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page