Looking for an OB in Brecksville OH Area (prefer to deliver at Parma/Southwest Gen/Cleveland Clinic) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-26-2014, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone, I'm from AZ but I'm helping a friend find a good OB. The one she had sent up some big red flags by saying at an early appt that if she is above 200 lbs she would "probably need a c/s" yikes!

So she lives in Brecksville OH and would prefer to deliver at Parma but SW Gen and Cleveland clinic she said are options.

She has SummaCare insurance.

Can anyone give me some non c/s pushy OB's in the area for a FTM?!

Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 AM

My OB sees patients in Brecksville at least a couple days a week, but she is affiliated with University Hospitals.  She delivers at McDonald Women's Hospital which is in University Circle by Case Western Reserve.  It is connected to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital if that is a concern.  I also have Summacare, and she is in network.  No troubles with my insurance at her office. Her name is Janette Stephenson. Here is link to her info: http://www.uhhospitals.org/find-a-doctor/stephenson-janette-10030

I don't believe that the Clinic delivers babies at the main campus if that is what your friend was looking for.  The closest Clinic Hospital to Brecksville is probably Medina Hospital or Lakewood Hospital.

#3 of 3 Old 02-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Mary Jo Alverson is the best!

I've switched to 12 different OBs before her.

She delivers at Parma AND southwest so your friend would have her choice. (They both offer water birth options if she's into that)

Mary Jo is very respectful and gentle towards babies and mothers and their beliefs . She encourages vaginal birth, vbacs, water birth, natural birth, doulas etc.
I used her to delivered my first in the water naturally. (Second was homebirth) She didn't even use an IV on me. Basically no intervention which is very hard to find these days in a hospital. I felt like she believed in me and supported me, my entire pregnancy and labor. She was encouraging and knowledgable through it all.

Young earthy Mom of 3yr & 6 months ~ co sleeper ~ breast feeder ~ baby wearer ~ homebirther ~ namaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page