Toledo Promedica midwives and other midwife suggestions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-03-2014, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey all! Hopefully someone will see this who can help me... I'm moving from Boston to the Toledo area and will be there for the summer. I am due with my second child in July, about 7 weeks after we move there. I am pretty sad that I have to change providers, as I currently am working with a great group of midwives at a hospital in Boston where there is a lot of support for natural birth, and even access to full water birth within my hospital. 

I have been doing what homework I can on birth options in the Toledo area, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Promedica midwife group. I really want to work with midwives, and my insurance would fully cover this group (as in it would be completely free), so it would be ideal at least financially to work with them. I am having a difficult time however finding much information on them from the perspective of someone approaching birth naturally. Has anyone had experiences with this group? It is large, which puts me off a bit as it seems there could be a lot of variability in the support or approach of whichever individual happens to be there for my birth. And how tainted are they by the hospital setting in which they practice? Is it a struggle to make them respect natural birth wishes, the natural timetable of my body, etc?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! And if I decide not to go with them I would be open to other midwives in the area (both hospital and home setting) or an OB ONLY IF they have a midwife mentality, so feel free to include insights on that as well. :) Many thanks!!

#2 of 7 Old 04-13-2014, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Welcome! It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

OP, as you settle into our community, please take note that we do not allow negative reviews of health care centers or health care providers in our discussion posts. As explained in our guidelines:

Quote:
Positive healthcare provider reviews are welcome, but we do not wish to host threads/posts that cast care providers/care centers in a negative light. We ask you to take any negative commentary to PM. Please see our HCP review guidelines for further clarification here.
Zezzilynn likes this.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 7 Old 05-22-2014, 01:19 PM

There is a FB group for natural moms in the Toledo area called Naturally Sweet Parents and the ladies there have experience about hose local hospitals and midwives.
#4 of 7 Old 06-03-2014, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbright View Post
There is a FB group for natural moms in the Toledo area called Naturally Sweet Parents and the ladies there have experience about hose local hospitals and midwives.
Thanks for the info on the Facebook group! I would love to join, but couldn't find it when I searched for it under "Naturally Sweet Parents." Any other suggestions on how to find/add the group?
#5 of 7 Old 06-04-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzilynn View Post
Thanks for the info on the Facebook group! I would love to join, but couldn't find it when I searched for it under "Naturally Sweet Parents." Any other suggestions on how to find/add the group?
Here is the link to the group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/309168845800517/

If that doesn't work, message me (Jeanette Albright) through FB and I'll connect you.
#6 of 7 Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

I've messaged you on FB. The link just took me to a blank page. My message should be in your "other" FB message inbox. Many thanks!
#7 of 7 Old 07-18-2014, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was having the same interests in Promedica's midwives.....but I don't have facebook.
Could you include me on the info?

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page