Moving to MI w/8 year old son - suggested locations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-25-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I will be relocating to MI and my office is in Dearborn.  I'm looking for some ideas on great places to live.  I do have an 8 year old son who has Autism and is high functioning so education and services are also a factor in my choice.  Of course I'm interested in living in an area with like minded individuals. 

Any information would be much appreciated. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 06-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan's Mom View Post
<p>I will be relocating to MI and my office is in Dearborn.  I'm looking for some ideas on great places to live.  I do have an 8 year old son who has Autism and is high functioning so education and services are also a factor in my choice.  Of course I'm interested in living in an area with like minded individuals. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any information would be much appreciated. </p>
I have only lived in the Lansing area in Michigan (which is a bit of a hike from Dearborn), but I love it and find it a really rich and supportive place to raise kids, no matter what your stripe. We have a lot of resources for Crunchy families, and schooling options are good (including several Montessori private schools and 1 public). Ann Arbor seems to have more diversity of schooling options, I know they have a Waldorf school, among others. If homeschooling is an option for you, I know Lansing has an amazing homeschooling network.

Good luck with the move: it's exciting to have all of these options open, and I'm sure it's also overwhelming to make such a change
#4 of 4 Old 08-10-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You probably already moved by this point but Royal Oak area is great and there is a school called Eton Academy for kids with autism and special needs, I think in **********.
Dearborn itself has wonderful schools.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page