Mothering Forum banner

looking for VBAC provider in Ohio/Western PA area

887 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  yarnsurgeon 
#1 ·
Hi, all. I'm new around here, so I hope this isn't redundant to previous discussions. I'm expecting in July 2015, and looking for the best way to have a VBAC. (First baby was a csection for a combination of breech presentation and having only made it to 4cm when they decided my waters had been broken for too long.) Primarily I want to find a provider who is truly supportive of VBAC, and if the only option is a hospital-based OB, I guess that's what I have to do, if I can find one with a good reputation for VBAC. I had my heart set on a birth center before that fiasco, and I keep hoping I can still make that happen. (There's a CNM group in Pittsburgh who deliver at their freestanding birth center, but they don't do breech, or VBAC at the birth center, and they have privileges at a hospital that my insurance is outlawed from.) Or failing that, find a CNM/CNM group that delivers in the hospital, because I feel like I'm more likely to be successful with midwives than with an OB.

I've heard of CPMs in PA who do homebirths, but I'm not really up for that for the first VBAC (maybe subsequent ones). I don't think CNMs do homebirths in Ohio or PA?

I'm willing to drive up to 4 hours from Pittsburgh for a really good option. (Am I crazy? I think I can make a 4 hour drive with my husband while I'm in labor.) I have family in central Ohio, so I could even stay with them for the last few weeks, which makes the Dayton and Columbus areas pretty accessible to me.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.