Any Midland, MI (or nearby) moms? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2007, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can read posts 137 through 147 to see what we've talked about on this very subject.

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Thank you very much! Do you mind letting me know how many AP-ish moms are in your group? Also, I checked out your Yahoo group, which is great! If we end up preparing to move there, I will definitely join. Did you know that, currently, any weirdo can view the posts and search them? I just wanted to make sure you know, since it isn't typically obvious to a member, who is already logged into Yahoo when visiting the group.

~Carrie
Old 04-23-2007, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

EWW!!! Thanks for letting me know! I just fixed it too. The archive is only viewable for Members now.

The yahoo groups has 23 members but a couple have moved out of state. There still are quite a few of us who are active though.

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

Old 05-01-2007, 03:48 PM

DH still hasn't heard anything about a job, but I'll let you know if we end up moving there. Thanks!

~Carrie
Old 05-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubulidentata2 View Post
DH still hasn't heard anything about a job, but I'll let you know if we end up moving there. Thanks!

~Carrie
Cool, please do! Best wishes to you!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Old 07-26-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Old 07-31-2007, 06:10 PM

I know I don't post here very often, but I thought I'd stop in with a hello and a question.

Our youngest son has been diagnosed with diary, soy and corn allergies. The pediatric dietician suggested goat's milk as an alternative for him. I'm looking for a dairy goat farm that is selling the milk in the area. Does anyone know about one? Thanks!

Jenn, momma to 4 busy bees
Old 07-31-2007, 10:33 PM

I don't, but s ... I'm dealing with just a dairy allergy here & that alone is enough to make me insane some days...

Nice to see you again!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:15 PM

Hi there!

My family will be moving to Mount Pleasant, MI in a few weeks from Rochester, NY. Anyone able share their knowledge about nursery schools in the area??? My daughter has been a part of a parent cooperative nursery school here and we love it. Hoping to find something similar...learning through play, nature, high parent participation...

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I don't, but :s ... I'm dealing with just a dairy allergy here & that alone is enough to make me insane some days...
Yeah, the dairy allergy is a pain. My middle son had that (allergist says he has outgrown, but we're taking a slow, slow path to reintroduction) and it took a long time to find out what he could and could not eat. Add the soy and corn into the mix and it's a mess!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:06 AM

Hi guys!!!

Alison, I miss you!!! It feels like you fell off the face of the earth... hope things are going OK with ya, Honey...
Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltie Girl View Post
I know I don't post here very often, but I thought I'd stop in with a hello and a question.

Our youngest son has been diagnosed with diary, soy and corn allergies. The pediatric dietician suggested goat's milk as an alternative for him. I'm looking for a dairy goat farm that is selling the milk in the area. Does anyone know about one? Thanks!

I have a little boy that comes to my home daycare and has severe milk allergies. He drinks goat's milk, soy butter and goat cheese and yogurt. The milk can be purchased in powder or concentrate or ready mixed at most grocery stores but I know the yogurt and cheese are harder to find, I think Mom buys at a health food store in Mt Pleasent.

It's difficult b/c people just think milk but there is a lot that goes along with milk like whey and dry milk.

Good luck!!

Yoga loving momma to DD Eden Raine 8/04 , DS Brett Edwin 2/08 , DS Brantley Albert 12/12 and wife for more than a decade to Jason .
Namaste
Old 08-20-2007, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

I have several cans of Meyenberg powdered goat milk that I'd like to give to some one(s) who could use it.

Let me know!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercrest79 View Post
I have several cans of Meyenberg powdered goat milk that I'd like to give to some one(s) who could use it.

Let me know!
Allison, thanks for the offer!

However, after meeting again with the dietician, we're going another route. In doing more research, she found that there is often a cross-contamination or possible similar allergy with the goat's milk. So now we're on a juice w/calcium liquid diet with protien/vitamin suppliments in table foods. It's an interesting learning experience for sure!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 AM

There is a ton more calcium in dark leafy greens (think kale, chard, etc) than there is in milk. You could juice it or make yummy green smoothies. Cooking it you lost a lot of the good stuff...

Those greens are always available at Eat Fresh Market in Saginaw.

Eat your greens, people!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleylesh View Post
There is a ton more calcium in dark leafy greens (think kale, chard, etc) than there is in milk. You could juice it or make yummy green smoothies. Cooking it you lost a lot of the good stuff...

Those greens are always available at Eat Fresh Market in Saginaw.

Eat your greens, people!

Where is that? I've never heard of it but the name sounds cool!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM

Hey Alison, it's great to see you posting here again!

Eat Fresh Market has organic produce and lots of other good stuff, it's a small market on Gratiot in Sheilds. It's just east of the ****** Rd. light, on the north side of the road. (maybe two buildings down from the gas station on the corner.)

Amber (the owner) was part of our co-op but was opening a store, and offered to absorb the co-op. I'm pretty happy with the arrangement so far, because she is ordering for her store, she absorbs a lot of the surplus and we are more likely to get what we want/need. She's really nice too!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Cool thanks. If I ever get down that way I'll have to check it out.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

mmmmmmmmmmmm Yasmeen's!!! We got baklava and stuffed grape leaves and some REALLY good chocolate.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:18 AM

Wassat you said, Alison? You're coming to my house tomorrow and bringing snacks? If you insist...

Old 10-08-2007, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Actually I probably could. If you aren't busy tomorrow call me and let me know. I don't think we have to do anything tomorrow except get Ari's glasses (yes we drove all the way to saginaw to find out they'd closed at 1pm) that is how we wound up at Yasmeen's. :

I'm stuck on the sweater and could really use the "knittingerapy" right now.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:04 AM

Absolutely; get your tush over here tomorrow!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

http://f3.yahoofs.com/blog/470d32a5z...4EUDHBdP01K5n1

Join the Mid Michigan Community on Saturday, October 20, 2007 to celebrate the life and memory of

Chad Scheiber

1-3 Mile Walk, Jog, Stroll with all proceeds to benefit the Scheiber Children's Trust Fund.

Walk will begin at 11:00am
At the Emerson Park Pavillion in Midland

Refreshments provided.

Donations can be made payable to
"Scheiber Children's Trust Fund"
c/o Christian Celebration Center
6100 Swede Ave, Midland, MI. 48642

Call Craig Elford for information at 989-832-9300

Old 11-21-2007, 01:41 PM

Just bumping this! Want to see if there are any newbies lurking around...
Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 AM

I am in Houghton Lake.

Yoga loving momma to DD Eden Raine 8/04 , DS Brett Edwin 2/08 , DS Brantley Albert 12/12 and wife for more than a decade to Jason .
Namaste
Old 08-23-2008, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

User Tag List