Hi! I just found our newsletter and I'll share a bit more to get you a better flavor of things going on...
1. Art show for homeschoolers will be on display at the Community Arts Center in Hancock.
2. Field trip on Feb. 10 was to the Community Church in Calumet for a 1907 pipe organ intro., tour, and mini-recital. Sledding followed at the wonderful Swedetown sled hill/cross country ski trail/chalet.
3. Future historians meeting in Negaunee on a U.P. weather history w/ Karl Bohnack. 2/21.
4. Rozsa acts: Swingin', stompin' and Rockin': Development of music in America's jazz history; Young Artists Series: Local music, theatre and dance by local students; and Tinariwen w/ Markus James (American musician plays and discusses music from Western Sahara region of Mali.
5 Involvement of homeschoolers on boys basketball, and girls' volleyball teams w/ the local Christian school.
6. Student and Family spotlights (to meet people in the area)
7. Indoor flea market opportunity coming in May in Covington. very interesting opportunity
8. Bright Minds Consultant advertisement for hosting a workshop.
9. Scholastic Book orders.
10. Involvement w/ MTU's world records.
11. Student movie reviews
12. Fun facts,
13. Free pre-release screening of new Veggie tales video this friday at a local church.
Hope that's helpful! I know there used to be a homeschooling family up there, associated w/ the Baptist Church, but I think they've left the area. Can't remember their name...Anyone have any leads?