Yooper Mamas, Say Ya to da UP, EH? - Page 53 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1561 of 1579 Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow! Thank you all! I wasn't expecting to get this many replies this fast. I was worried this thread was already buried! I will send Marcee a message. Where in the UP does she live? I'm a little worried about the distances there as our current MW lives just down the road less than a 5min drive from our house (I know...I'm very lucky!!)

Mrs. Cheerful Face, my profile here is fairly new and I don't think it allows me to see others' profile info. Do you have your FB page linked?

I'm looking forward to moving up to the UP as it seems like there's at least a few crunchy mamas up there!

#1562 of 1579 Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Lol--- Mrs. Cheerful Face is Marcee- She is so on it! lol...

She lives in Houghton- so no worries at all! 

Enjoy the Keweenaw there is AMAZING birth and natural parenting support in that community!  You will be in VERY good hands and find a welcoming circle of motherhood there. 

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#1563 of 1579 Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 PM

Ha! Nice, made a fool out of myself already. 2whistle.gif A very good first impression! ROTFLMAO.gif

Marcee, I PM'd you on FB!

#1564 of 1579 Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Marcee, check your "others" folder under messages. I always forget to check it too! offtopic.gif

#1565 of 1579 Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM

Hello!

I just found out I am pregnant, and am trying to figure out what my best options are for a possible local birth and prenatal care. Homebirth is probably not an option where I am at (though I do have Marcee's number) , so I am wondering if anyone has experience with the local ob gyns or hospitals, especially Aspirus Keweenaw. Google is proving very unhelpful and I don't know where else to go for information.

Thanks in advance!
#1566 of 1579 Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 AM

Hi mamas!! Just joined today smile.gif I'm in Calumet. I use Portage Health and have had all 3 of my babies there. I work there too on Inpatient so I could be a bit biased wink1.gif but I think they're awesome!!! Aspirus Kew. does have a new water birth option if you're wanting that, I've had friends say it was an awesome experience. I'm hoping we'll get it at Portage soon too. The OB Drs at portage are great, I see Dr Meyer but Dr. Rollison and Dr. Bodine are great too.
#1567 of 1579 Old 04-02-2013, 04:49 AM

Just fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merewen View Post

Hello!

I just found out I am pregnant, and am trying to figure out what my best options are for a possible local birth and prenatal care. Homebirth is probably not an option where I am at (though I do have Marcee's number) , so I am wondering if anyone has experience with the local ob gyns or hospitals, especially Aspirus Keweenaw. Google is proving very unhelpful and I don't know where else to go for information.

Thanks in advance

Just figured out how quote/reply works lol!t
#1568 of 1579 Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 AM

Hi there!
Merewen, I am in Mqt county, and work at Bell Hospital's OB department. . I've heard good things about the water birth option at Aspirus. I hope you get settled with a provider that works for you and your family. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
#1569 of 1579 Old 04-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Omg I just noticed what it says above my last post. NO CLUE where that came from!! Stupid phone Internet. :/ um, yeah congrats and good luck!!! orngbiggrin.gif
#1570 of 1579 Old 04-18-2013, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello Yooper mamas!  Long time, no chat, eh?

#1571 of 1579 Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM

I think we're all too buried under the mountains of snow to get to a computer wink1.gif supposed to be getting up to a foot tonight... Hasn't started yet so I doubt it. Thank goodness!!!
#1572 of 1579 Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 AM

Thank you for the replies, everyone! I'm so glad for the help.

I'm thinking I'll look into Aspirus at soon as I get my insurance straightened around. I do like the looks of that pool.

Asherie23, that's funny! I have interesting times typing on my phone too.
#1573 of 1579 Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 AM

Hi Mama's. We currently live in the NW of Minnesota but are from the Keewenaw and still have our home there. We are definitely moving back as soon as we are able. I miss all of the beautiful "crunchy mamas" from there.
My dd is 13 now and we are using an online homeschool curriculum. The homeschool laws here in MN are far less flexible than those in MI. Oh how I miss you, my beautiful Michigan!
#1574 of 1579 Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 AM

Yooper mamas- strawberries are ready!!!! This year (I say it every year) I'm going picking!!
#1575 of 1579 Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 PM

wave.gifHi lovely Yooper Mamas!  My daffodil, strawberries and primroses are poking out of the newly revealed soil.  What will you grow this spring?

#1576 of 1579 Old 04-23-2014, 04:58 AM

Hi! I live outside of negaunee, by marquette. I'll be growing strawberries, peas, I'm determined to try shelling peas this year. Any advice for beautiful flowers I can get in the ground soon? We bought a house last year and I would like to start planting flowers, so far I have delphiniums and mums started inside the house. My tomatoes are started too but they won't be able to go in the ground for a while...can't wait for solid summer weather! treehugger.gif
#1577 of 1579 Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 AM

Hi ladies! I will be a first time mom and need help finding a midwife and doula for a homebirth in the Iron Mountain area. Can anyone help me with this? I don't have any friends or anyone to ask so my resources are limited and this is the most promising site that I've found in my web searches!

#1578 of 1579 Old 04-24-2014, 10:53 AM

We'll do all kinds of veggies and hope l the perennials come back healthy and vibrant. Making maple syrup currently!

crunchyyooper we used Sandra Pera for home birth midwifery care. I don't know for sure but I think she covers Iron Mountain. Beth Jenkins is a name I've heard in doula conversation. Good luck in your search!

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
#1579 of 1579 Old 05-19-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPmomma View Post

Hi! I live outside of negaunee, by marquette. I'll be growing strawberries, peas, I'm determined to try shelling peas this year. Any advice for beautiful flowers I can get in the ground soon?

I've had awesome luck with zinnias and dianthus started from seed. You'll have to wait till June though, spring may or may not have arrived just yet!cold.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page