Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First official Holistic Moms' Network meeting of the Fort Wayne Area Chapter:

HMN Fort Wayne Open House
May 10, 2008
1:30pm
Dupont Branch of the Allen County Public Library
536 E. Dupont Road
Fort Wayne

For more information contact Danielle Morales through PM.

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
#62 of 90 Old 04-03-2008, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MAY 7 6:30 - 9:00 PM

*seeking vendors, demos, and raffle items.There is no cost to vendors or to the public. In place of raffle items you donate, we will put your info brochures and business cards in the goodie bags. If you want a table, or want to speak, or do a demo ... please let me know ASAP. We are interested in pregnancy, birth, baby related things, along with health, holistic, parenting and children products and services. I am also planning to contact the local newspapers to do an article before or during this event.

CHOICES Natural Birth and Parenting Network will be holding a Mother's Day Event for expectant and new mother's to gather and learn about pregnancy, birth, parenting and children resources that are available in NW Indiana. During this event, there will be various speakers and raffles, with lots of free info, food, demos and samples throughout the evening. Come feel pampered with a chair massage and meet the local midwives, doulas and childbirth educators at The Hebron Community Center 611 N. Main Street in Hebron on Wednesday May 7th from 6:30 to 9:00 pm. This is a free event, for more info visit www.IndianaBirthChoices.com or call 219-996-5188.

1. Here is a few things so far planned: at least 2 speakers, Dr. Hammett
and Laura from East Wind on Chinese Herbal Medicine.
2. Demos on various baby sling/carriers.
3. Chair Massages
4. Nail painting
5. Henna Art

Booth interest from Bradley and other childbirth birth educator teachers, birth doulas, midwives, yoga, kindermusic ...

Samples and raffle products from:
Mother Ease Diapers, Swaddle me, Baby Bug Books, Sea band, Mommy's
Bliss,Bummies, Luna pad, Organic Fred, Erba organics, Lavera
organics,
On-line $25. certificate, Natural child mag., Life Learning mag.,
Kiwi
mag., Butt past, Holistic cook book, Bach remedy, Aubbrey gift
basket,
Natures plus gift basket, Natures plus vitamins, Native carrier Baby
slings (mom and child size), Sleep Wrap carriers, razors,
Traditional
Medicinals, Mothers Blend and others items coming

http://MotheringByNatureCenter.comsaynovax.gifnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpggoorganic.jpgwinner.jpg

#63 of 90 Old 04-06-2008, 10:56 AM

The next meeting of the Indianapolis Homebirth Support Group will be on April 14th at the College Ave library from 6-8 pm. This month's topic will be Settling In After Birth, at the meeting we will discuss:

* Getting breastfeeding off to a good start
* Planning your baby moon
* Recovering physically and family planning
* Practice babywearing
* Share your favorite parenting books
* Growing pains: helping older siblings adapt to their new role

As always chidren are welcome and there will be toys and snacks provided for everyone. Hope to see you there!
#64 of 90 Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Does anyone know the topics for the next homebirth support group? This will be the first I am able to attend.
#65 of 90 Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 AM

I don't remember off the top of my head - but you can sign up for the Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homebirthsupportgroup . Topics and reminders are sent out there.
#66 of 90 Old 04-28-2008, 04:50 PM

~ C.H.O.I.C.E.S. ~
Choices in Healthy-birthing Offering Information, Communication, Education & Support
A Natural Birth & Parenting Network
Promoting a healthy pregnancy, natural and gentle birth experiences, breastfeeding and informed parenting.
Free monthly community meetings the 1st Wednesday of each month.No preregistration required.
Visit our website at www.IndianaBirthChoices.com or call (219) 996-5188 for more info.

~ A Mother's Day Celebration ~

Hebron Community Center 611 N. Main Street in Hebron, Indiana

May 7 6:30 - 9:00 PM

Come learn about pregnancy, natural birth, children and parenting resources that are available in NW Indiana. During this event, there will be several raffles (ongoing throughout the evening) giving away books, quality prenatal vitamins, organic products, natural mother and baby items including cloth diapers, baby slings and wraps and more! There will be lots of free info, samples, natural/holistic parenting magazines and food throughout the evening! Feel pampered with a chair massage, henna art, meet the local midwives, doulas and childbirth educators, experience Kindermusik classes for children, learn about the benefits of yoga, sign language for babies and how to massage your baby! This is a FREE event, no pre-registration needed!

Our speakers for the evening include: Dr. Trish Hammett from New Life Chiropractic Center who specializes in pregnancy and children‘s health & Laura Zuranski from East Wind Acupuncture who specialized in women’s health and pediatric holistic treatments will address Chinese Medicine.

See demos of Kindermusik, baby wearing with various baby carriers, and more!

~ Educate Before You Vaccinate ~
Wednesday, June 4
* This meeting will be held at the banquet center located at the Paragon Restaurant, 1701 E. 37th Ave Hobart, IN 46342 *
Seminar will begin at 6:30 pm Suggested donation per person $5.00
The pros and cons of vaccinations, the impact of vaccines on a child's immune system, the concerns about the safety of vaccines ... Do you think only bad things can happen to other children and not yours with the vaccines? Come listen, then share in asking questions with April, president of VIC (www.vacinfo.org), who travels the country to educate parents about factual, pro & con information pertaining to vaccines.

Visit our website at www.IndianaBirthChoices.com or call (219) 996-5188 for more info.

http://MotheringByNatureCenter.comsaynovax.gifnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpggoorganic.jpgwinner.jpg

#67 of 90 Old 05-05-2008, 09:21 PM

The next meeting of the Indianapolis Homebirth support group will be on May 12th from 6-8 at the College Avenue Library. This month's topic will be the hows and whys of homebirth. Anyone with questions and an open mind is more than welcome to attend, and we will have experienced homebirth moms there to answer any questions. As always snacks and drinks will be provided, and children are welcome to atttend, there will be toys and coloring for them.
For more information or any questions feel free to join our yahoo group:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...hsupportgroup/

Also on May 12th at the HomeBirth Support Group meeting we will be having our first ever fund-raising raffle! Tickets are $1 each and you can pick the item that you would like a chance to win. If you can't make it to the meeting just let me know and we can try and arrange something. The items we will be offering are:

1. A Kanagroo Korner black mesh sling, this is a medium and is for an adult 110-180 pounds. This is great for summer time since it dries quickly and can be used in water. You can read more about it at http://www.kangarookorner.com/p-37-m...ter-sling.aspx

2. A certificate for a free photography session with Lawana Penrod of Unforgettable Photography, you can see examples of her work at
http://www.unforgettable-photography.com/

3. A red XL spaghetti strap maternity dress. This item was donated new without tags and has to be seen to believe how beautiful it is.

4. A $40 gift certificate for P.C. Lounge located in Speedway.

5. We will also have 4 copies of The Homebirth Advantage by Dr. Mayer Eisenstien

6. Also there will be a cloth diaper NB set from The Wild Panda. There are two fitted diapers and a recycled wool cover. You can see The Wild Panda shop at: http://hyenacart.com/wildpanda

There are a few vendors that I'm still waiting to hear from, so there may be even more the day of the raffle. I look forward to seeing you there and please let me know if there are any questions that I can answer for you!
#68 of 90 Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 PM

Are you concerned about the pros and cons of vaccinations for children?

CHOICES Natural Birth and Parenting Network is sponsoring an informational seminar titled EDUCATE BEFORE YOU VACCINATE to be held Wednesday June 4th 6:30 - 9:00 PM at the Paragon Restaurant Banquet Center located at 1701 E. 37th Avenue in Hobart. The pros and cons of vaccinations, the impact of vaccines on a child’s immune system, the concerns about the safety of vaccines will be addressed with our speaker from Florida, president of vacinfo.org, who travels the country to educate parents about factual information pertaining to vaccinations. A suggested donation of $5.00 per person is requested.
For more information visit http://www.IndianaBirthChoices.com

#69 of 90 Old 05-28-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
Are you concerned about the pros and cons of vaccinations for children?

CHOICES Natural Birth and Parenting Network is sponsoring an informational seminar titled EDUCATE BEFORE YOU VACCINATE to be held Wednesday June 4th 6:30 - 9:00 PM at the Paragon Restaurant Banquet Center located at 1701 E. 37th Avenue in Hobart. The pros and cons of vaccinations, the impact of vaccines on a child’s immune system, the concerns about the safety of vaccines will be addressed with our speaker from Florida, president of vacinfo.org, who travels the country to educate parents about factual information pertaining to vaccinations. A suggested donation of $5.00 per person is requested.
For more information visit http://www.IndianaBirthChoices.com
The Bloomington Area Chapter of the Holistic Moms Network will also be offering this same seminar/speaker- on Tuesday, June 3rd at 7:00pm. Hope to see you there!
#70 of 90 Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 PM

The next meeting of the HomeBirth Support Group of Central Indiana will be June 9th at the College Ave Library from 6-8 pm. This month's topic will be Meet A Midwife, many area midwives will be attending to come and talk about their practices. This is a fanastic meeting for anyone thinking or wondering about a homebirth. Snacks and drinks will be provided and children are welcome to attend there will be toys and drawing for them.
If you are unable to attend we will also have a booth at the Children's Museum Baby Shower Event on June 11th from 6-9pm. We will be there to answer any questions you may have to help spread the word!
Hope to see you there!
#71 of 90 Old 06-20-2008, 01:17 PM

We have a chapter of the Holistic moms (www.holisticmoms.org)
that is growing and active on the norht side of INdy. We meet the second Tuesday of the month at 7pm. Location is the Delaware township government office. 131st and hwy 37 in Fishers.
Email me if you would like more information!
Please join us! What a great group of moms! (and some dads too)
#72 of 90 Old 09-14-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Post info here about your group or gathering (playdate, mama-meetings, coffe-claches, knitting circles....whatever) anywhere in Indiana.

Please put the name of the town/city & whether you're posting a group or a gathering in the subject heading.

(It would be great if someone from Ohio & Michigan would each start similar threads...)

Moderator(s): can you sticky this thread for easy access? Thanks!
My Name is Rachaela and I am starting a chapter of a group called "CHOICES" in Lafayette, IN and I am desparately seeking like-minded ma'mas to help me or even just had an interest in it. visit the home page of "CHOICES"(www.IndianaBirthChoices.com) to see what it is all about and please contact me directly if you have an interest in it and you are near Lafayette! dirosaria@comcast.com
#73 of 90 Old 10-10-2008, 12:07 AM

FREE Dinner! Educate Before You Vaccinate Seminar.

All are invited, pass it along! No matter what your thoughts are on
vaccines, this seminar is worth investing
time in for the sake of the children!

Are you concerned about the pros and cons of vaccinations for
children?

~ EDUCATE BEFORE YOU VACCINATE SEMINAR~

Paragon Restaurant Banquet Center - 1701 E. 37th Avenue Hobart,
Indiana 46342 (219)947-2440
(the banquet center is behind the Paragon Restaurant)
Oct. 12th ~ Sunday 2:00 pm
Suggested donation $5.00 per person
Dinner will be provided by Paragon Restaurant ~ FREE!!

The pros and cons of vaccinations, the impact of vaccines on a
child's
immune system, the autism risk, the concerns about the safety of
vaccines will be addressed with a speaker from Florida, president
of
http://www.vacinfo.org , who travels the country to educate
parents
about factual information pertaining to vaccinations. Come ask
your
questions, express your concerns, feel confident in your choices
concering this issue.
Families and professionals are encouraged to attend!

#74 of 90 Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 AM

The Homebirth Support Group of Central Indiana will be meeting at the College Ave library on Monday October 13th from 6-8pm. Toys and snacks will be provided we just ask that parents try to keep the noise level down.
This month's topic is Settling In After Birth, we will be presenting different local WAHM's and their products. We are pleased to have

Anne and Anna from Placenta Girls, a placenta encapsulating business:
http://placentagirl s.blogspot. com/

Mandie from Sheepy Time Knits, with wool soakers
http://sheepytimekn its.com/

Charity from Clara's Boutique, a custom baby/children' s clothing store
http://www.clarasbo utique.com/ store/Default. asp

Autumn from The Wild Panda, diapers and baby carrier as well as her mother who creates handmade soaps and body care items
http://hyenacart. com/wildpanda/

Unable to make it that night, but also a wonderful store is Katrina with Herb Wife's Cottage
http://www.etsy. com/shop. php?user_ id=5141313

Thanks to all our contributors and can't wait to see you all there!
#75 of 90 Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM

The next meeting of the Indianapolis Homebirth Support Group will be on tonight! Monday November 10th at the College Ave library from 6-8 pm. This month's topic will be "Why homebirth?".

A frank discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of planning on birth at home from the perspectives of: safety for mom and baby; getting breastfeeding off to a good start; comfort and intimacy.

Hope to see you all there!! PM me for info if you need it!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#76 of 90 Old 11-21-2008, 12:46 AM

My dh took a job, moving us back to Indianapolis in January 2009.
We haven't lived there in over 10 years.
We love to bicycle, not just riding on trails.
Is there a neighborhood where we can ride our bikes to library? park?
I have a 4yo and a 1 1.5 yo.
I can't wait to show them how much fun Indy is for kids!
we've visited family this summer and had a ball the kids museum, looking forward to the zoo when it warms up.
Hoping to find out about schools, so sad no waldorf!
My son is super tactile learner and ready to get in kindergarten.
Any thoughts on Broadripple? Can you recommend website to navigate the school options?
we'd rent for a year or two hopping the job works out.
Thanks so much:
#77 of 90 Old 11-30-2008, 12:38 PM

Hey bikey mama carie! Broad Ripple is awesome for everything you're talking about. It can be pricier than other neighborhoods (depending on if you are N or S BR) but in terms of bike commuting and walking it is definitely the best, IMO. We live in BR and we bike or walk to the store, depending on which one we go to, we bike or walk to the parks and trails, generally the only thing we use the truck for is to drive to school, which in nice weather I usually drive my son to school (with the bike in the truck) and ride downtown to my school. As far as schools go, there are some great Montessori schools around, my son goes to one of them. PM me if you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to help you out! Especially if you are planning on coming to the RRFM!!
#78 of 90 Old 11-30-2008, 10:45 PM

I just moved back to Indy as well (just this weekend!) and I think Broadripple is probably the best bet for biking too. We chose to live on the northside because my dh's office is there and he needs easy access to 465 so I'm bummed that I can't just bike to the store with my kids. It's certainly close enough, but the streets are really busy and don't really have bike lanes or sidewalks.

I would love information on that Montessori school you mentioned. I am scheduled to tour a couple later this week. I'll pm you though.
#79 of 90 Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 PM

PM'd you back mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CM* View Post
I just moved back to Indy as well (just this weekend!) and I think Broadripple is probably the best bet for biking too. We chose to live on the northside because my dh's office is there and he needs easy access to 465 so I'm bummed that I can't just bike to the store with my kids. It's certainly close enough, but the streets are really busy and don't really have bike lanes or sidewalks.

I would love information on that Montessori school you mentioned. I am scheduled to tour a couple later this week. I'll pm you though.
#80 of 90 Old 12-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Never mind ... off topic!

Married 6/16/01 ~ WOHM to DS1 4/29/06 and DS2 2/13/08 ~  ALMOST an RVT ~ dog2.gif dog2.gif goldfish.gif

#81 of 90 Old 01-10-2009, 01:17 AM

Monthly meetings in Lafayette Indiana.

CHOICES of Lafayette made the nightly news!!

Subject: Parenting group offers natural options

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local_w...g_200901091222

Their site, http://www.lafayettebirthchoices.com

#82 of 90 Old 03-06-2009, 11:31 PM

Hi, just wondering if anyone on this list is in the Muncie to Richmond area? We live in between, in Farmland. Looking for a toddler playgroup, or AP minded mommy gatherings. I did not notice any posts for events in the area but maybe I missed something. Thanks.
#83 of 90 Old 04-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Hoosier Homeschool Network, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hoosie...guid=293921169

Hoosier Homeschool Network (HHN) is a homeschool support group open to homeschoolers in the Indiana counties of Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Lawrence, Jackson, Jennings, Orange, Scott, and Washington.

We are not affiliated with any political, religious, or philosophical organization and welcome families from all faiths and all educational methods. We desire to be a group that brings homeschooling families of different backgrounds, beliefs, and areas together where they can interact with other homeschooling families.

Members of HHN have the opportunity to participate in field trips, learning days, book clubs for students, parent’s meetings, park days, holiday parties and much, much more.
#84 of 90 Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 AM

:LAFAYETTE, IN ---
C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Natural Birth & Informed Parenting Network announces the first annual natural baby fair on Saturday, June 27 at the Universalist Unitarian Church, 333 Meridian Street, West Lafayette. Visit from noon to five for more than 20 informational and retail booths, demonstrations, guest speakers, products, and videos about health and family topics. Refreshments and raffle drawings are available. Event is free and open to the public; families and children are always welcome.
For more information, see www.lafayettebirthchoices.com
#85 of 90 Old 09-05-2009, 09:01 PM

Come and learn about some holistic solutions now being offered through Lee's Pharmacy in Martinsville, IN. This Health Awareness Seminar is hosted by Lee's Pharmacy and presented by Irene Greiner, Certified Wellness Coach and Michele Fleming, Registered Dietitian.

Here's the 411:

When:
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 @ 6:30 PM

Where:
Lee's Pharmacy
1299 E Morgan St
Martinsville, IN 46151-1748
(765) 342-1801

Cost: FREE
#86 of 90 Old 09-06-2009, 02:27 AM

C.H.O.I.C.E.S. group for informed parenting and natural childbirth meets monthly at the West Lafayette Public Library. This month, we're discussing gender roles in children. Learn about how we create and reinforce gender-specific behaviors in our children, as well as how to promote more holistic experiences for our children of both sexes.

Monday, September 14
5:30 PM
West Lafayette Public Library
#87 of 90 Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM

I have just started a yahoo group for AP-minded folks in SE Indiana, including Dearborn, Ripley, Franklin, Jefferson & Switzerland counties. This is a very rural area & hard to find other MDC kind of mamas. I hope to get a few members at which time we'll start meeting monthly or bi-weekly. Here is the Y! group addy:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SEIndianaAP

alivia, mama to sunshine dd (2003), snuggly dd (2009), & bonus baby (due 06/2010), homesteader, homeschooler, writer, lifelong learner
#88 of 90 Old 01-14-2010, 11:44 AM

Hey all!

I've been going across the river to meet up with other natural mamas, but I'd like to stay more local, the drive over always seems to conflict with DS's sleeping. We're near Sellersburg/New Albany. I have a couple of mamas who are interested, but I'd like to expand the group a bit. I know there's got to be other mamas like me out there!!!
#89 of 90 Old 05-15-2010, 02:14 PM

Babywearing support group for southwest Indiana! We're holding our first meeting & playdate (bring your little ones!) at a park in Evasnville on June 5, 2010! If you're in the area and have worn your little one in the past, are babywearing now, or are interested in learning about it, join us!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TriStateBabywearers/
#90 of 90 Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Sad to see this unstickied. There's such great info in this thread to help mamas not start from scratch all the time.

Ah, well, maybe we can just keep bumping it up to the first page.

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page