Searching for chicken pox in Ann Arbor, MI - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 08-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oooh, this may be our last chance to get them before school starts!! Now would be a perfect time. I will PM you later. Would you mind if I brought all 4 over though? I would love them all to get it at the same time rather than 1 after another due to school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 08-01-2008, 12:06 PM

:

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#33 of 41 Old 08-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrsmom View Post
Oooh, this may be our last chance to get them before school starts!! Now would be a perfect time. I will PM you later. Would you mind if I brought all 4 over though? I would love them all to get it at the same time rather than 1 after another due to school.
Oh yeah, no problem!
It's definitely the pox. He had 20 this morning and has 40 now (!!!). He's in good spirits but I won't let them outside because some of our neighbors don't want their little ones exposed, so anyone who wants to come over to play is welcome! He isn't sneezing or coughing, but he'd be happy to lick suckers, straws, hold hands, breathe on, etc. any interested parties.
#34 of 41 Old 08-01-2008, 06:10 PM

Awesome! Mind if I call you next week?

Jen Burnett, DEM
Homeschooling mom to my 3 kids (10, 9 and 8)
#35 of 41 Old 08-01-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636Jen View Post
Awesome! Mind if I call you next week?

Go for it! He should be nice and contagious until at least Wednesday. And hopefully Luka will get with the CP program soon!
Tomorrow, Monday, or Wednesday are best for me.
#36 of 41 Old 08-01-2008, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
CRUD. We are going camping in two weeks, so I think we'll have to wait. Who ever gets them next, please post!

#37 of 41 Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama View Post
Oh yeah, no problem!
It's definitely the pox. He had 20 this morning and has 40 now (!!!). He's in good spirits but I won't let them outside because some of our neighbors don't want their little ones exposed, so anyone who wants to come over to play is welcome! He isn't sneezing or coughing, but he'd be happy to lick suckers, straws, hold hands, breathe on, etc. any interested parties.
Is almost 2 (21 months) a safe age for chicken pox? I've heard people say littler ones tend to deal with them better then say elementary school age. Mine is still BFing a lot- do you think he would have a chance to actually catch them? I'm in northern michigan- quite a long haul to A2, but I'd be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in MI, even with gas prices so high.

Bookworm read.gif , computer geek geek.gif , and single mom wild.gif to DS blahblah.gifbouncy.gif (11/06)
#38 of 41 Old 08-24-2008, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

#39 of 41 Old 08-24-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2landon View Post
Is almost 2 (21 months) a safe age for chicken pox? I've heard people say littler ones tend to deal with them better then say elementary school age. Mine is still BFing a lot- do you think he would have a chance to actually catch them? I'm in northern michigan- quite a long haul to A2, but I'd be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in MI, even with gas prices so high.
My 21-month-old is just getting over chicken pox (I'm quite sure she's no longer contagious, or I'd invite you out), and she's had such a mild case that it took me several days to even believe that was what it was. She never seemed sick or feverish--had a few little scratching/fussing spells in her sleep, but otherwise totally fine--and probably only had 50 or so spots. At first I thought she had just gotten a few different-looking mosquito bites, but then they began multiplying, and she got a few in places that I *knew* she hadn't been bitten by a mosquito (labia, butt, et cetera), and although she wasn't scratching them, many of them eventually scabbed over.

Anyway, all that to say that while it's purely anecdotal, she had a super-easy and mild case!
#40 of 41 Old 01-04-2009, 12:21 PM

Bump... anything local to Waterford/Ann Arbor/Howell?
#41 of 41 Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonyvaughn View Post
P.S. I normally think of CP as a spring thing (sometimes late winter as a PP stated) but it's the fall CP that has by far the highest rate of vaccine strain CP. I've seen too many funky and entrenched (up to 3 mos) cases to intentionally expose my children to the vaccine strain.

Wow interesting!!! I exposed in fall, never developed into anything though so I'm assuming it wasn't CP after all Wish I saw this before I exposed at all. Geez, so much I didn't know I didn't know

But that said, since it's more likely the right "season" soon, we are so still interested!

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page