Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mother's Breastfeeding Connection
Aultman Hospital Birth Center
Every Tuesday 12-2pm
Open to all breastfeeding moms, pregnant & interested.
(We are not able to accomodate siblings at this time.)
IBCLC in attendance
Digital weigh Scale available.

Heather: wife to Chris ; mama to Sophia (7/03) ; Juliana (8/07):; and Peter (3/12/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 11-22-2009, 11:46 PM

I am hosting a swap in the Dayton, OH area on January 16th at 2 pm.

This is a big swap, where we can get rid of things we don't need anymore and get things we do. The model that I really want to copy is from the website www.swapmamas.com. The idea is that I will put out my items, and somebody will take one or more of my things, and then I will find some things that I need. Please remember that if you're bringing items, that means you are okay with somebody else taking them home, even if they don't have something you want. Hopefully there will be enough giving and trading combined that everybody can leave happy. If anybody has any more suggestions as to rules or guidelines, I'd love to hear them.

This will probably be most successful if we can limit the kids to only those that need to come. If you can't leave your children at home, then let me know so that I'll have an idea of how many kids to expect so we can keep it under control. They most likely won't be able to play outside because it will be freezing, but we'll try to set up an area for them inside. If you can leave them at home with somebody else, that is encouraged.

I'll have access to the building at 2 pm, so I'll arrive then and start setting up. I'll probably stay for a few hours, we'll say until 5 pm. Any of these specifics can change as the time gets closer, and I can gage the responses and the weather (it will be January, so here's hoping it's not a blizzard day!). I'll send out a reminder in the beginning of January to start getting your stuff organized! Make sure you put it on your calender now, so that you don't forget!

Here are the rules! If you don't like them, let me know beforehand and we'll work on it. This is just the idea I have for now:

1. Bring clean, gently used items only. Anything is welcome that you don't want anymore - kid and adult clothes, household items, books, movies, anything!

2. Each guest receives one swap coupon for each item brought to the swap party. (I may use tickets - still deciding how to do this. Also may do more tickets for more expensive items).

3. No “swap shopping” can begin until the hostess announces that all of the merchandise is ready for browsing.

4. Start shopping! You may take as many items as you have coupons.

5. If two people both want the same item, put names into a hat and draw. The winner gets the item!

6.There is to be no money exchanged!

Please PM me for the address if you'd like to take part

-Lisa
#33 of 39 Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Hi Ladies!

We are very excited to announce that a Springboro La Leche League Group is about to be started in February 2010! We will begin on Tuesday February 9 at 7:00 pm at the Springboro Municipal Building in the Community Room. Meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00. We encourage you to bring your babies and meet some other breastfeeding mothers in the community!
#34 of 39 Old 01-21-2010, 10:03 PM

Home Schoolers in this area unite!
I am a unschooling mama to two in the Valley and looking for others who are home schooling as well (we respect any and all methods of home education).
I have set up a Yahoo group for us to come together and make a tribe in our small valley.
Wanna join me?

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#35 of 39 Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 AM

Any moms in Belmont County/Upper Ohio Valley? We now have LLL meetings across the river in Wheeling, WV. I know almost all of the moms who attend are from Ohio though we meet in West Virginia. PM me if you're interested.

I'm Theresa. nursing, baby-wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping mama to Clara (9/08) and wife to Mike
#36 of 39 Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

The Midwives Lobby Day is your opportunity to tell your legislators that access to licensed Midwives and Homebirth is important to you!
9:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 Columbus, OH

Register by Friday, April 30!

http://www.safebirthohio.org/
#37 of 39 Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 AM

#38 of 39 Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM

I am kinda by wooster but not really
We love to go to Hartlzers for Ice Cream , butter and their organic fertilizer :P
BW's

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#39 of 39 Old 05-17-2010, 05:25 PM

La Leche League of the Dayton Area is once again hosting a Breastfeeding Celebration on June 4 at 5:00pm at Delco Park in Kettering. We will meet at the Picnic Shelter at the far end of the park. Please bring a dish to share and your family/friends! Kettering Police and Fire Dept's will be making some visits during the event, too! Most importantly we will have lots of great items for raffle and silent auction to raise money for local LLL groups. Some items include:

Pamela's Products
1 Year Organic Dairy products from Organic Valley
mommy and baby doll slings
Ergo Baby Carrier
Hyland's Gift basket
Glamourmom Nursing Tanks
Bravado gift cert
Pilates Pluc Training Package
GladRags
LunaPads
Cascadian Farms products
Mothering Subscription
BellaMaternity gift cert
Bummi's Starter Kit
Motherlove herbal package
Boba 1G Carrier
Padoodles baby shoes
SpaBaby baby tub
Custom Yoga Skirt
Doula Package
Lamaze Classes
Belly Casting

Come out for some fun with the family and win some great stuff while you're at it!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page