Dayton Mama's 2008 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 364 Old 03-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
well... we could just start a new thread (with a title that doesn't misuse apostrophes : sorry, just an annoying hangup I have...)
Kriket's typos are a way of life. I share an office with her.
#62 of 364 Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cognito View Post
Kriket's typos are a way of life. I share an office with her.
Normally I am pretty good at punctuation and I have firefox to help me with my spelling. I will admit however, that when I saw that you were the spelling police I though to myself "crap, this could be bad." we can still be friends can't we! we can all just use l33t! bwahaha

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#63 of 364 Old 03-11-2008, 04:50 PM

yes! of course! It's a totally irrational hangup that I can't seem to shake. I just can't not see it... I was so glad when I figured out this senior title because I need to keep a sense of humor about it or I'll get all ridiculous.
#64 of 364 Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 AM

Tonight is the night for The Business of Being Born in Dayton! This is a FREE event and is open to all who want to attend.
#65 of 364 Old 03-14-2008, 01:36 PM

We had a really great time last night at the Business of Being Born showing and a good turnout! The discussion afterward was excellent and we are excited about the response from it. We will plan to show it again in the future!
#66 of 364 Old 03-26-2008, 04:44 PM

*peeks*

*waves* Hi! I'm not new to MDC, but another thread made me wander over to FYT in the hopes of finding more mamas in my area.

I'm not quite "in" Dayton, but I'm not quite "in" Cincy, either, so I'm a mama w/o a tribe.

DP and I currently have two older girls, 11 and almost 9. We'll be jumping back on the ttc wagon as soon as the RE calls us to let us know we're getting to the top of the donor embryo list. (Should be between May and July)

*When* (being optimistic!) I get pg, I WILL have a vbac. I'm leaning largely toward a homebirth, but have some Cincy ICAN recommendations for a vbac friendly OB in the back of my mind as well.

But, hey y'all! I so often feel like I'm the only (pick a descriptor) lesbian/liberal/mainstream-questioning/non-sports fanatic in the area!!! Nice to see there are people who have some similarities here!
#67 of 364 Old 03-26-2008, 07:02 PM

Welcome Girlie!
#68 of 364 Old 03-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlie1125 View Post
*peeks*

*waves* Hi! I'm not new to MDC, but another thread made me wander over to FYT in the hopes of finding more mamas in my area.

I'm not quite "in" Dayton, but I'm not quite "in" Cincy, either, so I'm a mama w/o a tribe.

DP and I currently have two older girls, 11 and almost 9. We'll be jumping back on the ttc wagon as soon as the RE calls us to let us know we're getting to the top of the donor embryo list. (Should be between May and July)

*When* (being optimistic!) I get pg, I WILL have a vbac. I'm leaning largely toward a homebirth, but have some Cincy ICAN recommendations for a vbac friendly OB in the back of my mind as well.

But, hey y'all! I so often feel like I'm the only (pick a descriptor) lesbian/liberal/mainstream-questioning/non-sports fanatic in the area!!! Nice to see there are people who have some similarities here!
Hi girlie!

Nice to meet you! We're in North Dayton (Huber Heights). I think you'll find that there are several people here you share things in common with!

Here's some good luck for a successful implantation, happy pregnancy, and an uneventful VBAC!!! Keep us posted!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#69 of 364 Old 03-27-2008, 08:45 AM

Welcome girlie! Best of luck to you on ttc!!
#70 of 364 Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM

Welcome Girlie.

Best wishes with ttc.

I am in East Dayton.
#71 of 364 Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 PM

Welcome, welcome.
#72 of 364 Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 PM

I heard that this favorite hang-out of ours is under construction. Does anyone know if it's going to be finished by summer?
#73 of 364 Old 04-01-2008, 01:40 AM

Yep. According to the KO times, it should be done Early to Mid June.

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#74 of 364 Old 04-15-2008, 06:32 PM

Hey ladies!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we (MissLibbyE & me) are planning a cloth diaper party in mid July. The details are still working themselves out. But we will be getting the party kit from diaperparties.com. There will be plenty of examples available.

:
#75 of 364 Old 04-15-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAprilMay View Post
Hey ladies!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we (MissLibbyE & me) are planning a cloth diaper party in mid July. The details are still working themselves out. But we will be getting the party kit from diaperparties.com. There will be plenty of examples available.

:

That sounds so cool!

Stay at home mom to three little boys born 6-06, 12-08, and 4-11.
#76 of 364 Old 04-17-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Hey ladies!

:
I'm interested!! Keep me in the loop!
#77 of 364 Old 04-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Hey ladies!

:
i can't wait!! Definitely want to come out for this one!!
#78 of 364 Old 04-21-2008, 01:05 PM

La Leche League of Dayton will hold their third Breastfeeding Celebration on Friday May 9 from 5:00-8:00 pm at Delco Park in Kettering. Details are posted under the Groups and Getherings section!
#79 of 364 Old 04-22-2008, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess View Post
speaking of diapers, i have lots of nice wool and hemp prefolds here in yellow springs that need a good home. will accept almost any offer if you can pick up. pm me!
what do you want for them? I don't know what I have... maybe lunch? I went to HS with Carl (that runs Bentino's) if you haven't had a calzone from him you haven't lived. I have monies too all be it not much.

Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#80 of 364 Old 04-29-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I heard that this favorite hang-out of ours is under construction. Does anyone know if it's going to be finished by summer?
Is that the one that has the wading pool and sandbox?

Melissa S.
#81 of 364 Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 AM

For the first two months of my baby's life he was unable to nurse, so I pumped exclusively for him. My milk supply was so abundant I ended up with over 500oz in the freezer in a little over a month. I have donated around 300oz of that to a friend in Wa state. I have about 200oz that still need a home. now that my baby is fully on the breast there is no way we will be able to use it before it expires. So if you or you know of someone that is in need of bm please let me know. The milk needs used in the next month or so.

Jamie ~ mama to Ryan (2.24.05) Luke (12.5.07)  Henry (6.27.09) & Josiah (due 4/11)
#82 of 364 Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenecwalker View Post
For the first two months of my baby's life he was unable to nurse, so I pumped exclusively for him. My milk supply was so abundant I ended up with over 500oz in the freezer in a little over a month. I have donated around 300oz of that to a friend in Wa state. I have about 200oz that still need a home. now that my baby is fully on the breast there is no way we will be able to use it before it expires. So if you or you know of someone that is in need of bm please let me know. The milk needs used in the next month or so.
I wish. I have a lot in my freezer that is going to go to waste as well. I had to go dairy free for my daughter and non of the frozen stuff is dairy free so right now she cannot have it.
#83 of 364 Old 05-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Is she doing better now that you are dairy free? I did find someone that is looking for bm for her adopted daughter if you are interested in donating.

Jamie ~ mama to Ryan (2.24.05) Luke (12.5.07)  Henry (6.27.09) & Josiah (due 4/11)
#84 of 364 Old 05-04-2008, 04:31 PM

I haven't frequented these boards in a couple years, but I "recognize" a few of you from the attachedparents yahoo group.

We are expecting #5 in Aug. Good to "see" some familiar names.
#85 of 364 Old 05-04-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoTs View Post
I haven't frequented these boards in a couple years, but I "recognize" a few of you from the attachedparents yahoo group.

We are expecting #5 in Aug. Good to "see" some familiar names.
Congratulations!
#86 of 364 Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

thats fine pancakegoddess, I don't need them, just stocking up on good deals for the future where I can find them.

#87 of 364 Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM

Hi, Dayton area: please see my thread "Interested in exposure to chicken pox in organic living family" in the IN/Oh/MI tribal area, if you know of anyone who has chicken pox this summer. Thanks!

(Please reply there, if you do know anything pertinent, as I am only subscribed to get replies to it, to keep email down during a hectic time.)

Thanks and cheers.
#88 of 364 Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 AM

I'm looking for Compost in the Dayton area to start a lasagna garden. Anyone know where to get some at a reasonable price? I need it asap!
thanks

#89 of 364 Old 05-06-2008, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

tenecwalker, My mom has free horse poo that is aged and ready to go. It's free and a shovel-yourself operation. She lives in Bowersville just south of Jamestown of you're interested you can't beat free! She works from home so she is there all day.

#90 of 364 Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM

Ladies,

If you are looking for something fun to do with your families tonight stop out at the La Leche League Breastfeeding Celebration at Delco Park in Kettering! We have the Mayor coming to sign a proclamation making May 9, 2008 La Leche League Day, Kettering's Police and Fire Departments coming with a squad car and fire truck, and lots of great things that we have to raffle and auction off. The Celebration is from 5-8 at the picnic shelter!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page