New Toledo Area Moms Thread - Page 20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#571 of 582 Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Jumping on here as well, to add to the Eve the Halloween Fairy talk. Didn't want to jump to a new thread in the middle of a conversation.

I also made up my own story about the halloween fairy after reading the synopsis from the link We talked about it Saturday morning, then last night on the way back from a bonfire at my parents we had the girls make wishes to her for what they wanted, madison wished for a fire truck, Sage for a Dora doll, Maia was thinking but fell asleep without wishing. We stopped at the store before we got home (all the kids were sleeping so I was able to run in) and I foudn a dora mermaid doll, a mega blocks iretruck and some Blendy Pens that Maia had been wanting.

We put 15 pieces of candy into each girls bag and set the bag and the gift at their place at the dining room table. I also wrote a colorful fairy note thanking them and mentioned hearing Madison and Sage make a wish and that silly Maia fell asleep before wishing but that she remembered hearing Maia make a wish a long time ago for the blendy pens and that she hoped Maia still wanted them.

Maia woke up first and it was so cool because she was so excited to see that Madison got a fire truck like she wanted that she didn't even look to see what she got for a minute or two.

They carry blendy pens in the store somewhere? Where? my DS has been wanting those

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#572 of 582 Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 AM

Yay! I'm glad so many like the Halloween Fairy! The kids love the toys she left for them. Now to try to sneak some of the candy they have left, so I don't hear "Can I have a piece of candy?" every 5 min!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

#573 of 582 Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Got the Blandy Pens at Wal-Mart. not my favorite place, but it was open int he middle of the night when I needed it! A pack of 10 colors and 2 metalics with 10 coloring sheets was $10, they had a $20 pack also, not sure what was offered in that one
#574 of 582 Old 11-03-2008, 01:08 PM

I DID succeed in getting my kids to trade costumes for candy...I'm a party-pooper, I know, but I don't like to do fairies or Santa or Easter bunny (I have strong feelings that are non-religious and probably better off in a different forum, I think).

I actually had to have the costumes in front of them, tempting them. They took one look and willingly parted with all but 10 pieces of candy for Bumblebee Transformer and pretty princess outfits.

Melody...Mommy to ds1, dd1, ds2, ds3, ds4, and dd2

#575 of 582 Old 11-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymommy View Post
I DID succeed in getting my kids to trade costumes for candy...I'm a party-pooper, I know, but I don't like to do fairies or Santa or Easter bunny (I have strong feelings that are non-religious and probably better off in a different forum, I think).

I actually had to have the costumes in front of them, tempting them. They took one look and willingly parted with all but 10 pieces of candy for Bumblebee Transformer and pretty princess outfits.

I do not do Santa or Easter bunny (they will have it at their other parents houses though) but as we do believe in the fairies and the fey I do not have such a hard time pretending to be a fairy for them
#576 of 582 Old 11-03-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reikitiki View Post
We do so love to go "trick or treating". It's the dress up thing!

It seems, if I remember, from last year that a few days post halloween we were able to slowly throw away candy a little at a time. The kids memory of how much they have begins to fade after a couple days and they don't notice it so much that way.
Yup! That's what happens in our house too.
#577 of 582 Old 11-03-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemama View Post
Yay! I'm glad so many like the Halloween Fairy! The kids love the toys she left for them. Now to try to sneak some of the candy they have left, so I don't hear "Can I have a piece of candy?" every 5 min!
I set the timer for an hour after each piece that they eat then I eventually turn the timer off so that it doesn't ring. So far Jayson's memory of the candy is waning.
#578 of 582 Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 AM

I'm really bad, we go through and pick out all the suckers, hard candy and gum and I give that away. Then after that they can each have 1-2 pieces a day! Of course my sweet tooth I eat more than that each day
#579 of 582 Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sweetpeas View Post
I'm really bad, we go through and pick out all the suckers, hard candy and gum and I give that away. Then after that they can each have 1-2 pieces a day! Of course my sweet tooth I eat more than that each day
I do the same thing, only I did it this year while we were out visiting the neighborhood. I am amazed at the number of people who see the age and size of the child and still toss in jawbreakers of all things!!! I let her keep the suckers since she really likes them and does wonderfully with them. The little mini chocolate bars go in the freezer for mom and dad, the smarties, sweet tarts and gum are hers to keep, and the rest generally goes to work with daddy. I was surprised by what she would pick if people let her. One lady down out street had a whole bowl full of suckers and one bax of raisins. Mia took the raisins! Smart kid!!

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#580 of 582 Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 PM

I'm loving reading all of these Halloween fairy stories! How wonderful!

Lovin' my babes and my bubbah-wubs hearts.gif

#581 of 582 Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM

Is there a CD swap planned anytime soon? Just curious, thanks
#582 of 582 Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 PM

I do believe we are looking for a host and a new location...
Btw: I have 10, one size fits all, Motherease dipes and some wool covers for sale.
PM me if amyone is intersted.

Shelly DeMeo Birth Doula/Educator, Massage Therapist, Birth Assistant, Echo Tech, Future CPM! Mom to Dylan (6/03) and Sage Aria (1/06).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page