Selective/delayed vaxing pedis in Genesee County - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-18-2008, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few of my friends and I are delaying and chosing vax selectively. In case our respective pedis disagree or refuse, I'd like some back-up names. I'd prefer a pedi who also is against antibiotics unless direly needed as well, but it's not a complete bust if he/she likes them, I just won't fill the rxs.
#2 of 12 Old 08-18-2008, 10:35 PM

When I lived in the area I was able to find several new docs that were wonderful....but they all moved out of the area (which is why I had several...).

I have never used her, but Dr. Wheatley might be worth checking into. I have heard good things about her.

Sorry I can't be more help!
#3 of 12 Old 08-19-2008, 10:26 AM

Well, if Clarkston isn't too far....Dr. Dean Moscovic is pretty laid back about vaxes. He is at M15 and Dixie Hwy.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#4 of 12 Old 08-19-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I can check on Dr. Wheatley. Clarkston is pretty far, like 40 minutes, but I may have to. I plan on talking with my pedi before the big day if possible.

Any others?
#5 of 12 Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 PM

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/fe...rents_doc.html

This article was in the Flint Journal recently and I noticed that this doc was mentioned and quoted in the article. He is in Lapeer..he might also be worth checking into. If you look under the "vaccines and mercury" title within the article it talks about how he does not administer vaccines and there are some other promising comments...

His name is, Paul Lepor D.O. I know nothing about him, I just remembered seeing his info in the article and being impressed!
#6 of 12 Old 08-28-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermuma View Post
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/fe...rents_doc.html

This article was in the Flint Journal recently and I noticed that this doc was mentioned and quoted in the article. He is in Lapeer..he might also be worth checking into. If you look under the "vaccines and mercury" title within the article it talks about how he does not administer vaccines and there are some other promising comments...

His name is, Paul Lepor D.O. I know nothing about him, I just remembered seeing his info in the article and being impressed!
We are one of Dr Lepor's patients!!! My son Bennett had horrible bloody stools for about a year and I was told by many doctors to wean. He is the only one that actually supported my breastfeeding and did the work to fix up his gut. We haven't had to see him in quite some time, since we are all healed up:, but he is anti-vax. He told me point blank no vaxes until 2, but when I asked which ones he would support at that time, he answered none. Anyhow, he is a God send. He is not a regular ped (he used to be at children's hospital) but now practices functional medicine. He does not take insurance, but will give you the codes for reimbursement.
#7 of 12 Old 08-28-2008, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Shannon! What's functional medicine? Is not taking insurance a paperwork nightmare?
#8 of 12 Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 PM

We never turned any claims into the insurance since we do an hsa account and have a high deductible. They really focus on nutrition as a means of good health at that office. You could call there and speak to one of the nurses to ask any questions. They are so helpful. I am sure they would see a baby for a sick visit if needed, but they are big on 'health' care as a way of preventative medicine rather than sick care. I would have switched him to our regular family doctor in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far away for us. But I swear he saved my sanity and my son's health. He is able to eat everything now but nuts, and when we first went to him, we couldn't have any of the top 8 allergens, no corn, no rice, no onions, garlic, etc.... on and on. I am glad I came across this thread. I have been meaning to send them a thank you card and an update on Ben.

Oh, the reason they don't take insurance is because he refuses to only spend the 15 min allowable time on a patient. Our first visit, he examined Ben, and then spent well over an hour with me in a conference room going through my health history, my dd, my c-sections, any abx use, etc... I just love this man
#9 of 12 Old 09-03-2008, 03:46 PM

My family and I love Dr. Clark in Lapeer. He's a general practitioner, but sees babys and kids. He's had some of his children at home and doesn't vax. My 3-year-old really loved him, and she's very leary of adult men that she doesn't know.

Mom to my sweet girls Lily (3/14/05) and Miriam (7/10/08) , wife to Scott.
#10 of 12 Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Breezymom, can you tell me where he's located or what practice he's a part of?
#11 of 12 Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 AM

Dr. Clark works by himself. He's located behind Luck's resteraunt about a mile from the I-69 exit. His numer is 810-724-3445.

Mom to my sweet girls Lily (3/14/05) and Miriam (7/10/08) , wife to Scott.
#12 of 12 Old 10-04-2008, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

As an update, we spoke with our pedi and he's supportive of our decision to abstain from certain vaxs because of the aborted fetuses used to create them. I'm sure we have to sign something, but I also have information from the Vatican about which vaxs to avoid, which is helpful in NOT getting dropped from their practice.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page