Chiro in Rochester, Troy, or Shelby Twp? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 17 Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter
 
Caden's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I asked this before. I finally got approval for a chiro. I called one but I hate cold calling for medical issues, you know? And I have to have someone who works with BCN.

There is a chiro in Royal Oak that is on the Birth Network website but RO is too far to drive. Anyway. Suggestions would be great.
Caden's Mom is offline  
#2 of 17 Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
 
courtenay_e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my own little piece of paradise
Posts: 8,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Scott Rubinstein 586-677-1616 (25 & Mound in Shelby Twp)

He's the guy who adjusts many of my doula clients and their babies, and has also adjusted many of the members of the Lake Orion LLL group's babies who have had latch issues. I trust him with my babies the day they come home from the hospital. He's good.


Chuck Kratz 586-566-0011 Hall & Hayes, Shelby Twp

He's a client of mine, really great at what he does (has adjusted me a couple of times--and did a great job, I'm picky!), and a nice guy to boot.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

courtenay_e is offline  
#3 of 17 Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter
 
Caden's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtenay_e View Post
Scott Rubinstein 586-677-1616 (25 & Mound in Shelby Twp)

He's the guy who adjusts many of my doula clients and their babies, and has also adjusted many of the members of the Lake Orion LLL group's babies who have had latch issues. I trust him with my babies the day they come home from the hospital. He's good.


Chuck Kratz 586-566-0011 Hall & Hayes, Shelby Twp

He's a client of mine, really great at what he does (has adjusted me a couple of times--and did a great job, I'm picky!), and a nice guy to boot.
Neither participate with BCN
Caden's Mom is offline  
#4 of 17 Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM
 
organicmommy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I go to Ducharme Chiro in Rochester and see Dr. Nikki. She is awesome and my 2 year old daughter loves her as well.

248-652-8686
organicmommy05 is offline  
#5 of 17 Old 08-21-2008, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
 
Caden's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. I ended up making an app't to see Dr. Canu out of Rochester Chiropractic. I hope I can make it to next week. I'm ready to spork out my eyes with the pubic bone pain (how's that for TMI)
Caden's Mom is offline  
#6 of 17 Old 08-21-2008, 05:00 PM
 
birthangeldoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me know how it goes with Dr. Canu! A friend of mine just recommended him to me today and I made an appointment next week also! My friend said he's worked WONDERS!

Wife, Mother and Doula.
birthangeldoula is offline  
#7 of 17 Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
 
SunRayeMomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
touch of life is in Shelby and they are in the birthnetwork listings

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

SunRayeMomi is offline  
#8 of 17 Old 08-21-2008, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
 
Caden's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birthangeldoula View Post
Let me know how it goes with Dr. Canu! A friend of mine just recommended him to me today and I made an appointment next week also! My friend said he's worked WONDERS!

Well it makes me feel better to hear a recommendation from someone who was recommended by someone. LOL. I go to Tuesday morning.

He graduated from Palmer and I had one person tell me they have liked all their chiros out of Palmer, so I guess we'll see
Caden's Mom is offline  
#9 of 17 Old 08-21-2008, 09:31 PM
 
ChelseaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: a constant mess
Posts: 1,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRayeMomi View Post
touch of life is in Shelby and they are in the birthnetwork listings
:
Dr's Ed and Sandie are great - Sandie is co-leader for Birthnetwork macomb
they are at 21 and Hayes.

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
ChelseaG is offline  
#10 of 17 Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 AM
 
courtenay_e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my own little piece of paradise
Posts: 8,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden's Mom View Post
Thanks. I ended up making an app't to see Dr. Canu out of Rochester Chiropractic. I hope I can make it to next week. I'm ready to spork out my eyes with the pubic bone pain (how's that for TMI)
Heather, don't go unless you have a L-O-T of time to spend in the waiting room. I saw him for a couple of years but ended up spending an average of two hours in the office because his wait times were so long. He hired a young guy just out of school who ROCKED, but hated having to pay the guy's paycheck, so fired him. My SIL used to work for him, and quit after more than ten years because rather than giving her a raise, he hired somebody for half her paycheck to do most of her work. Also, he is the only chiro I've ever met who makes you take your bra off, or unhooks it for you while you're on the table...

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

courtenay_e is offline  
#11 of 17 Old 08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
 
SunRayeMomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WHHHA? weird.

I'm gonna plug Drs. Ed and Sandie again then

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

SunRayeMomi is offline  
#12 of 17 Old 08-22-2008, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
 
Caden's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtenay_e View Post
Heather, don't go unless you have a L-O-T of time to spend in the waiting room. I saw him for a couple of years but ended up spending an average of two hours in the office because his wait times were so long. He hired a young guy just out of school who ROCKED, but hated having to pay the guy's paycheck, so fired him. My SIL used to work for him, and quit after more than ten years because rather than giving her a raise, he hired somebody for half her paycheck to do most of her work. Also, he is the only chiro I've ever met who makes you take your bra off, or unhooks it for you while you're on the table...
Oh, dang. I hate having an HMO. *sigh* I'll go to him once and see how it is. I'm not sure if I'm seeing him or someone else in his practice.
Caden's Mom is offline  
#13 of 17 Old 08-22-2008, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
 
Caden's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRayeMomi View Post
WHHHA? weird.

I'm gonna plug Drs. Ed and Sandie again then
They aren't covered by my insurance. The only BN chiro that is is the one in RO.
Caden's Mom is offline  
#14 of 17 Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 PM
 
birthangeldoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dr. Canu also takes my insurance, which was a big selling point for me. I got an early morning appointment, so hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

Wife, Mother and Doula.
birthangeldoula is offline  
#15 of 17 Old 08-22-2008, 10:40 PM
 
courtenay_e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my own little piece of paradise
Posts: 8,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Early mornings tended to be better, yes. And if he has another chiro working with him again, that DID help a lot, when he had the younger doc in the office. I'll cross my fingers for you!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

courtenay_e is offline  
#16 of 17 Old 08-23-2008, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
 
Caden's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He has three other ones working with him now, I believe. Thanks, Courtney.

For real, I'm ready to spork my eye out with the pelvic pain.
Caden's Mom is offline  
#17 of 17 Old 08-23-2008, 06:23 PM
 
courtenay_e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my own little piece of paradise
Posts: 8,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
heather, sporking your eye out would be bad.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

courtenay_e is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off