The Birth Place-Taylor, MI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-25-2008, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

Just wondering about the Birth Place in Taylor. I called them a week ago and have left two messages and haven't heard a thing back. I even tried their email address that I got from the webpage. I'm about 16 weeks pregnant and getting pretty anxious to get in to see someone. Should this be a red flag, or are they extremely busy... any ideas?
#2 of 8 Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 PM

I had my dd at the Birth Place and am seeing them now for my baby due in Nov. I've never had a problem with them getting back to me during either pregnancy. They may have been busy this last week or something. But speaking as a client, I've always been able to speak to Bridget the same day anytime I've called. Usually, I have to leave a message and she calls me back the same day.

I'm sure you're anxious to speak to them. I hope you hear from them soon and are able to get to meet with them.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to pm me or ask here. I'm very happy with the care at the Birth Place. I definintely recomend them. Good luck with your pregnancy

Shelley
#3 of 8 Old 08-25-2008, 05:08 PM

The Birthplace is great! we had our first there in sept 06 and are having our next there early next year. If you can't reach them send me a message. I have a appointment sept 5th.: and would be glad to pass along a message if you cant reach them.
Amanda
#4 of 8 Old 08-28-2008, 11:49 PM

Not sure where you are from, have you considered Mothers Own in Temperance, MI?
#5 of 8 Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, ladies. I have heard great things about both Mother's Own and Greenhouse and their midwives. I think I have decided to go the homebirth route, however. I am really happy to have heard from you either publicly or through PM. There really is no excuse for not calling back or emailing for 2 weeks, in my opinion. Just makes me very uncomfortable. There's a right mw for everyone, i'm convinced and i'll find mine thanks again!
#6 of 8 Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM

There are LOTS of homebirth midwives in SE Michigan. Check out www.birthnetwork.org for some of them.

Congratulations and good luck!
#7 of 8 Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maemaemama View Post
Thanks for the input, ladies. I have heard great things about both Mother's Own and Greenhouse and their midwives. I think I have decided to go the homebirth route, however. I am really happy to have heard from you either publicly or through PM. There really is no excuse for not calling back or emailing for 2 weeks, in my opinion. Just makes me very uncomfortable. There's a right mw for everyone, i'm convinced and i'll find mine thanks again!
Good luck in your decision! I agree that there isn't an excuse for not calling back for 2 weeks.

I wanted to give a bit of input on Mother's Own and Linda Johnson. I switched to Linda after an incident with my previous doctor. I have only met with Linda twice, but she is extremely caring, dependable, and compassionate. Her birth center is great, too, although she also does homebirths (that's what we're planning with her). So, she may still be an option for you, along with some of the other fabulous homebirth midwives out there.

Good luck!
#8 of 8 Old 09-02-2008, 04:58 PM

If you're doing a homebirth, I have to put in a plug for Stacia (Defenstrator here on MDC). She's awesome! Not sure where you're at, but she's out of Ann Arbor and covers a pretty wide area. Here's her website: http://www.trilliumbirthservices.com/

Congrats on your pregnancy .

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page