Weekend in Columbus! Suggestions for what to do with LO's - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, we live in the Toledo Area but will be in Columbus Fri (evening) Oct. 17-Sunday Oct 19. My husband will be attending the Ohio Chiropractic Association Conference and I will be hanging out with our daughters. We have one 5 1/2 year old and two 3 year olds and they all get stir crazy so I need to stay busy!

I will have them on my own from about 8-6 Sat. and 8-2 Sunday. We are staying at The Columbus Hlton @ Easton. What are some cool things I can plan to do with the kiddos to keep them busy and happy and keep Mama Sane!
#2 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 11:36 AM

There's always the zoo, or COSI--
and that's also Ohio's LLL parenting/bf conference in Dublin (not sure if you'll have separate transportation to get there?):
http://www.lllohio.org/conference.html

I'm sure other local moms will be on soon with other ideas--
have fun!
#3 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM

There is always the Metro Parks if the weather is nice. Most of them have playgrounds. The Columbus Metro or Westerville libraries are also nice if they can handle a quiet break.
#4 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGlow View Post
There's always the zoo, or COSI--
and that's also Ohio's LLL parenting/bf conference in Dublin (not sure if you'll have separate transportation to get there?):
http://www.lllohio.org/conference.html

I'm sure other local moms will be on soon with other ideas--
have fun!

Oh man, I would love to go to this we were almost going to go without the kids, but it is our weekend with them and the x's have been a bit difficult about switching weekends so we decided to make it a kids weekend out!. I will have the van though, are the children's activities enough to keep LO's busy while parents enjoy the conference? There is a chance the 5 1/2 year old may opt for a weekend with my parents (some one on one spoiling) and I will just have the 2 little ones.
#5 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x&lmama View Post
There is always the Metro Parks if the weather is nice. Most of them have playgrounds. The Columbus Metro or Westerville libraries are also nice if they can handle a quiet break.
They love the library here The biggest issue I have is that when they get bored they play the 2 against 1 gang up game. As long as they have thins to do they are happy
#6 of 7 Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 PM

I second the metroparks! you can see them at metroparks.net there are several activities for kids that weekend. My kids love Inniswood in Westerville, which is not far from Easton. Their children's garden is awesome!

Also, on Sundays, admission is free at the Columbus Museum of Art.
#7 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM

Of course you will have all of Easton to walk around as well. Even if they aren't into shopping, they will probably enjoy it for a couple hours. There's a Build A Bear Workshop and yummy ice cream to be had! If it's hot out, they'll probably have the fountains going so bring swimsuits! (There's a whole section where water sprays up from the ground and kids love playing in it as you can imagine.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page