(Kokomo) Indiana midwife or vba2c friendly ob? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-09-2008, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Kokomo, IN and although I've found a vbac friendly ob, I just found out he's not real supportive of a vba2c. I haven't seen him yet (will oct6) but his nurse said she isn't too sure he would even let me try for a vba2c.

I'm pretty limited on who I can see due to my insurance (pregnancy medicaid) and money is tight so not sure I can afford a midwife. But I thought I'd ask for any input anyways. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 PM

Hello, I'm also in Kokomo. I've never had a c-section. May I ask which doctor you're seeing that is pro VBAC? It's my understanding that neither hospital here "allows" VBAC.

I am seeing a group of midwives in Anderson who deliver at Community Hospital in Anderson. I believe they are VBAC friendly, but I'm not positive.

Honestly, I am not overly fond of any of the OBs in our area. I'm guessing you will have to travel in order to get what you want.

I'm also using pregnancy Medicaid, so I know it will cover the midwives I'm seeing.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you would like to talk privately on this subject.

~Sandy
mommy to Joey 11, Ian 9, Hayden 7 and Charlie 3

#3 of 3 Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 AM

Hi, I am also in Kokomo & due next week I am having a homebirth & will pm you w/info. Where are you mothering mamas in kokomo? I feel like I am on my own since I moved here!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page