Homebirth In findlay ohio area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know where I can find a midwife for this? I really want a UC but for the sake of my partner am willing to go with a midwife if I can find one.

Thanks

Lindsay

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

#2 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayncadence View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a midwife for this? I really want a UC but for the sake of my partner am willing to go with a midwife if I can find one.

Thanks

Lindsay
Honestly I think you will have to try some midwives in Toledo and see how far they are willing to travel. Most midwives will travel a bit of distance. You are probably too far for any of the Dayton area midwives. I got some numbers from Midwives Alliance of North America: http://mana.org On the left click on resounces and then click find a midwife. You have to email them to get any info. There are probably other midwives out there who haven't given their info to MANA, but it's a good place to start.

Also there are some midwives who cover the Bluffton area (mennonite community) but I am not sure how to find them. Good luck!

proud mama to: DD (8/02), DS (12/03), DS (11/06), DS (9/09) and pos.gif EDD 11/1

#3 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 02:54 AM

Hey there!!!
I need to dig up the info but I found one that is down close to the Findlay area. I'm also pregnant and due April 09. How have you been doing, last time i saw you was at the Cookie Festival last year.
Also have found about 3 or so doulas in the area

Melissa

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#4 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
Hey there!!!
I need to dig up the info but I found one that is down close to the Findlay area. I'm also pregnant and due April 09. How have you been doing, last time i saw you was at the Cookie Festival last year.
Also have found about 3 or so doulas in the area

Melissa
I am doing great! Nick and I found some in toledo but the fees through me back. I am perfectly fine going unassisted honestly I just want them for the prenatal care and nick doesnt feel we should have to pay $3000 for them to sit there and watch me deliver the baby lol But I would still like more info Are you still in mccomb?

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

#5 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 11:43 AM

$3000 sounds like a typical price to me Good luck with the birth! My in laws are in Findlay but I highly doubt they know of anything :::snicker:::

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#6 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I am doing great! Nick and I found some in toledo but the fees through me back. I am perfectly fine going unassisted honestly I just want them for the prenatal care and nick doesnt feel we should have to pay $3000 for them to sit there and watch me deliver the baby lol But I would still like more info Are you still in mccomb?
How much will they charge you for only prenatal care? I am sure the $3000 is for prenatal, birth and postpartum care. Good luck.

proud mama to: DD (8/02), DS (12/03), DS (11/06), DS (9/09) and pos.gif EDD 11/1

#7 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemama View Post
How much will they charge you for only prenatal care? I am sure the $3000 is for prenatal, birth and postpartum care. Good luck.
I figured thats typical its just for us it would be all out of pocket I cant get insurance through work yet I havnt asked about just prenatal care as I dont want it to be a red flag if ya kwim?

#8 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 02:15 PM

I also wanted to add that the price often varys a LOT among midwives so it may be worth shopping around. (That is, if you are still interested in going the midwife route) Good luck again!

#9 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM

I'm currently in mccomb, but soon won't be as i'm seperation from my husband for a while.

I hope I hear back from the lady soon on homebirth to get you the info because i'll be without a computer when i move out.

I'm moving to toledo and just came on here to post about finding childcare up there.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#10 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I figured thats typical its just for us it would be all out of pocket I cant get insurance through work yet I havnt asked about just prenatal care as I dont want it to be a red flag if ya kwim?
I found a midwife who was willing to see me jhust for prenatal care and she charged me a per-visit fee for each visit, rather than her usual "global" fee. You might be able to find a midwife willing to do the same?
i'm not in your area anymore, but I graduated from Tiffin columbian high school!

CPST
#11 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I'm currently in mccomb, but soon won't be as i'm seperation from my husband for a while.

I hope I hear back from the lady soon on homebirth to get you the info because i'll be without a computer when i move out.

I'm moving to toledo and just came on here to post about finding childcare up there.
I am sorry to hear that! I ask since Nick and I moved to mccomb

I have shopped around but I have only found the ladies in toledo. This area dont seem to have many midwives.

To the PP who charged per visit did you UC? If so what do you say to them to explain you just want the prenatal care? I have birth certificate info already I am just worried about anyone finding out that may put us in fear (children services and such). My family and support group is great with me doing this on my own I am just worried about outsiders.

#12 of 12 Old 09-29-2008, 05:46 PM

The midwife i found is Uc-supportive, so she was OK with just providing prenatal care as long as it was clear that is what it was. No paying for "just pnc" visits and then me calling her in labor for help or whatever. I had to make a choice prior to 36 weeks. which i thought was completely fair. she also documented that i was seeing her for PNC only and would be using a "different provider" for the birth.
yes, i did UC.

CPST

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page