Erie County, Ohio/Surrounding Area Mamas - Need Dr. Rec's - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm Stephanie and I've just found out that we will be moving back to the area at the end of this month : DH and I both grew up in Erie County - me in Milan and him in Castalia (he graduated from St. Mary's). We are very excited to get back but VERY concerned about finding like-minded families/doctors/etc. We are looking to live in Milan or Huron but are already finding there are very few places available for rent right now. (We are working on selling our house so no buying for a while.)

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, AP-minded pediatrician? I am also 12 weeks pregnant and will be in need of an OB or midwife. I'm planning a hospital birth but am going drug-free and would like minimal intervention throughout my pregnancy. We will also be needing a family doctor for DH and I. I currently see Dr. Woodhouse in Toledo who is very into natural remedies, extended bfing, delayed/selective vax, etc.

It would also be great to meet up with some like-minded mamas and kiddos. I stay home with DD and in Toledo there are lots of playgroups and meetups. DD loves other kids and we both need to get out every once in a while or we get a bit !

Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 10:23 AM

you might want to get in contact with the local LLL group in that county -it exists I'm sure they can give you some good recommendations on Drs to check out. You might also want to ask the Dr you're currently seeing. Maybe he can give you the name of a doctor who's a little more like-minded.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 PM

I am so sad that you guys are moving. Thrilled for the oportunity of course, but sad to not have you this close. Matt is ready to move right now to genoa/Fremont/Bellevue area to keep us closer to you guys and mom and dad, but the dumb divorce decree prohibits me from moving out of Wood or lucas county.

Haven't talked to you, are you going to switch to the midwives at Fisher-Titus? Have heard good things abotu their family birthing center.

(Steph is my sister-in-law, for those that don't know )
Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 AM

Hi Stephanie,
My sister and brother-in-law live in Castalia and work in Sandusky. My BIL may be taking a new job in the Cleveland area so they may be moving sometime soon as well and I am absolutely heartbroken.
My sister has not had her 15 mon vaccinated and they do not pressure her where she goes....well, I should mention the ped she sees does not pressure her, which is Dr Wiseman... there are others in his office but she says to make sure if you make an appointment to ask for him. Also as far as an OB, she suggested Dr Gesci at the Fisher Titus Hospital she is very well liked by others. Hope this helps I hope you find a place to rent also.

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
Old 10-10-2008, 12:15 PM

I think I remember us talking about you having family in Castalia Susan. My parents (steph's inlaws) live in Castalia.

User Tag List