Calling all Akron Moms! - Mothering Forums
Indiana, Ohio, Michigan > Calling all Akron Moms!
ClothManiacMama's Avatar ClothManiacMama 11:39 AM 10-09-2008
Hello, I'm Dee and I'm fairly new here. I don't have time to go through the past posts to find my tribe-mates, so I figured I'd just give a shout-out. So who else is here in Akron Ohio? I enjoyed our rainy, dreary day yesterday and I'm glad it's sunny today, too. LOL Well, my DS is in school 3 days a week and we all need something to do on his days off. Are there any playgroups around here?
TIA for any info!:

haren.13's Avatar haren.13 12:25 PM 10-09-2008
Are you guys free on Fridays? If so, our Kent LLL group meets on the 2nd Friday of the month (so tomorrow!) at the UCC in Kent - PM me if you want directions!
ClothManiacMama's Avatar ClothManiacMama 12:35 PM 10-09-2008
yep, we have mondays, fridays, and most saturdays open!
I've never been to a LLL group before, that would actually be great because I want to learn about re-lactation. What would my 3yo son do there?
Oh, and when you say UCC, do you mean the United Church of Christ?
Thanks for mentioning this!
haren.13's Avatar haren.13 04:31 PM 10-09-2008
Yup, UCC is United Church of Christ. It's on Route 59 just past campus. The meeting is from 10-12ish and your 3yo is most certainly welcome!!! Just as a disclaimer, LLL is not affiliated with any religion - we just use the room at the church because it works for our purposes

The topic for tomorrow's meeting is "Getting Breastfeeding off to a Good Start", FWIW. We'll probably talk more about adjusting to life with a baby and/or toddler, as most of our "regulars" have older babies now. But, if there are new or pregnant moms we'll certainly discuss ways to get breastfeeding off to a good start

Since you want to find out about relactation, tomorrow's meeting would be great - one of our leaders told me there will be at least 5 leaders there tomorrow! 2 of them have been leaders for a long time, so I think they'll have the most information in regards to relactation.
ClothManiacMama's Avatar ClothManiacMama 12:34 AM 10-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by haren.13 View Post
Since you want to find out about relactation, tomorrow's meeting would be great - one of our leaders told me there will be at least 5 leaders there tomorrow! 2 of them have been leaders for a long time, so I think they'll have the most information in regards to relactation.
That is perfect! I will be there! with my munchkins in tow. Hey, is the place stroller friendly? LOL I love my double stroller!
Up