Calling all Akron Moms! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I'm Dee and I'm fairly new here. I don't have time to go through the past posts to find my tribe-mates, so I figured I'd just give a shout-out. So who else is here in Akron Ohio? I enjoyed our rainy, dreary day yesterday and I'm glad it's sunny today, too. LOL Well, my DS is in school 3 days a week and we all need something to do on his days off. Are there any playgroups around here?
TIA for any info!:
#2 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 AM

Are you guys free on Fridays? If so, our Kent LLL group meets on the 2nd Friday of the month (so tomorrow!) at the UCC in Kent - PM me if you want directions!

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
#3 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

yep, we have mondays, fridays, and most saturdays open!
I've never been to a LLL group before, that would actually be great because I want to learn about re-lactation. What would my 3yo son do there?
Oh, and when you say UCC, do you mean the United Church of Christ?
Thanks for mentioning this!
#4 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 PM

Yup, UCC is United Church of Christ. It's on Route 59 just past campus. The meeting is from 10-12ish and your 3yo is most certainly welcome!!! Just as a disclaimer, LLL is not affiliated with any religion - we just use the room at the church because it works for our purposes

The topic for tomorrow's meeting is "Getting Breastfeeding off to a Good Start", FWIW. We'll probably talk more about adjusting to life with a baby and/or toddler, as most of our "regulars" have older babies now. But, if there are new or pregnant moms we'll certainly discuss ways to get breastfeeding off to a good start

Since you want to find out about relactation, tomorrow's meeting would be great - one of our leaders told me there will be at least 5 leaders there tomorrow! 2 of them have been leaders for a long time, so I think they'll have the most information in regards to relactation.

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
#5 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haren.13 View Post
Since you want to find out about relactation, tomorrow's meeting would be great - one of our leaders told me there will be at least 5 leaders there tomorrow! 2 of them have been leaders for a long time, so I think they'll have the most information in regards to relactation.
That is perfect! I will be there! with my munchkins in tow. Hey, is the place stroller friendly? LOL I love my double stroller!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page