Ohio Homebirthing Mamas: I need your help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-11-2008, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello group!

Ohio Physicians for Midwives is working on creating a statewide database for doctors who support the midwifery model of care. A key objective of OPFM is to assemble a network of supportive physicians who recognize a family's rights of self- determination and to facilitate connecting families with supportive physicians who will care for them.

OPFM welcomes any physician including Medical Doctors, Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Osteopathic Physicians, Pediatricians, Family Doctors, Dentists, Naturopathic Doctor and Chiropractors.
If you know of a doctor who agrees with the OPFM position, please submit a referral at:

http://www.ohiodocsformidwives.org/Forms/referdr.html

While it isn't necessary, it would be very helpful if you would be willing to hand deliver a packet to your doctor. I will be happy to mail one (or more!) out to you. If this is a possibility, please contact me offlist or make a notation on the referral form.

Thank you!

Warmly,

April-May
#2 of 7 Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 PM

My husband is a Chiropractic Physician (and though he said a very sarcastic "Thanks alot for making us last on the list!") we are printing out the forms to send to you.

A bit of did you know? Obstetrics is in his scope of practice, he had 60 hours of obstetrics/gynecology in chiropractic college.
#3 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 03:44 PM

What a great list to put together! I homebirthed in Ohio but my midwife is just across the line in Michigan. I didn't see a physician for my pregnancy or my son's birth.

Linda Johnson is my midwife and she owns a free-standing birth center in Temperance, Michigan called Mother's Own.
#4 of 7 Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
My husband is a Chiropractic Physician (and though he said a very sarcastic "Thanks alot for making us last on the list!") we are printing out the forms to send to you.

A bit of did you know? Obstetrics is in his scope of practice, he had 60 hours of obstetrics/gynecology in chiropractic college.
Ah, we saved the best for last! I know I love my chiro! She has worked miracles on kids.

And I have learned something new today.
#5 of 7 Old 10-13-2008, 03:18 PM

Yep, all Chiropractors are required to take a minimum of 60 hours of OB/GYN classes. In Ohio they can do paps, routine gyn care, routine OB care and could deliver in hospitals if any hospital would agree to give them privleges but of course none will. And because of Ohio's screwy homebirth laws, he can't do that either. If we have a baby (and I can stay healthy enough to birth at home) he will be catching and coaching but only officially as "daddy" not as doctor.
#6 of 7 Old 12-08-2008, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Bumping this back up!
#7 of 7 Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned

I had no idea chiros did OB! What can we do to change Ohio into allowing chiros in hospitals?

Not to mention licensing Naturopaths

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page