Friend leaving Indiana, needs ideas for rehoming lizard and bird - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I have a friend who lives in Kokomo who is in a bad family and financial situation. I have offered to have her come up and live with my family in Washington for a while, but because of space issues she has to limit herself to one pet (her cat). We checked craigslist and they don't allow postings regarding animals. Does anyone have any ideas about rehoming them? We haven't been able to think of where to advertise a lizard and bird. Is anyone interested in giving them a home? She is hoping to sell them (cheaply!) to help pay for the move. She can't return them to where she bought them because that was in Kentucky.

Specifically they are a baby bearded dragon with a tank and equipment, and a female gray cockatiel with cage and supplies.

If you pm me I can give you more details about each animal. Thanks so much!!

cloudspinning
#2 of 3 Old 10-18-2008, 12:36 AM

you can list animals on freecycle

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#3 of 3 Old 10-20-2008, 08:51 PM

She might try contacting Bird Fever a bird speciality store in the Castleton area of Indy. Their number is 317.845.7823. They probably have some good information on rescues in the state.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page