Moving To Kalamazoo-Doctors?Oth Questions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
My family is moving to Kalamazoo, Nov 2 from Canada. We lived in Kalamazoo 6 years ago...but life is different now with a child.

I am looking for a family doctor/ped. I am still breastfeeding my 3 year old:, we delayed many vaccines and did not do some at all. I am also hopeful to have a V-bac next time around.

I have not done any research yet, since I just found out we are moving two weeks ago...
What is the situation with Midwives and doulas? Are they covered under certain health insurance plans yet or have I been in Canada too long?

I am also very sad to be leaving our beloved Waldorf school here. Is there anything like that in Kalamazoo?

Any advice is most appreciated. Thank you!
-Cori

Cori Beth mama of Rachael 4yrs and Deven 3 wks
I had a successful VBAC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 02:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Cori,

You might enjoy subscribing to the Kalamazoo Natural Families Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NFKalamazoo

Certified nurse midwives are generally covered by most insurances, and women can occasionally get reimbursement in round-about ways for CPMs for home birth. There are lots of VBAC options and a fair number of doulas here. Doulas are almost never covered by insurance, but most will work on payment plans, sliding scales, etc. if needed.

No Waldorf schools in Kzoo, but a pretty active home school community, a Montessori school, and the Kazoo School, which a lot of natural families seem to like.

You'll get lots of input on the physician issue at the Yahoo group.

Best wishes for your move!

User Tag List