Talk to me about Claudia's Market in Toledo... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Toledo mamas,

I live in Adrain and am looking for a good source for organic produce now that CSA/Gardening is coming to an end.

I've checked into Door to Door Organics and found that my local Meijer could beat their prices by far too much to justify ordering. I'd like more variety than Meijer offers though and I already make two trips to Toledo per month to shop. Thoughts on Claudia's for produce and other items?
TIA
#2 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 PM

I personally find them expensive compared to Meijers. Meijers will run sales on organic produce and I think their quality is better. As far as other items go, Claudia's does stock a lot of different stuff. Meijers carries the basics, but if you are looking for a specific item, calling Claudia's will save you the trouble of going there first. Hope that helps.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#3 of 3 Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 AM

I completely support Claudia's market... I stop in for a smoothie regularly and shop there as often as possible. The organic produce is top quality, lots of local items and "yes" it is pricey.

I have a wholesale Frontier Natural Food Co-op that I order all my supplements, personal care items, cleaning supplies ect. and I find the personal savings there allows me to buy organic or local foods and support my local businesses in other ways when I might otherwise be unable to afford it.

The Frontier Co-op is based out of my business, we order from their website monthly or when I can complie the minimum $250.00 for free shipping. PM me if you are interested.

There is another local option for us natural family living mommas in Ohio... CJ Meats and Cheeses (they also do Raw milk). There is a Toledo pick up every other week at the Church on Strayer. visit http://www.cjgrassfed.com/index.html

I have also heard great feedback about the organic produce at The Fresh Market located on Central and Secor, although I am pretty sure its not local...

Shelly DeMeo Birth Doula/Educator, Massage Therapist, Birth Assistant, Echo Tech, Future CPM! Mom to Dylan (6/03) and Sage Aria (1/06).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page