Toledo area Moms.... lets give thanks - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 566 Old 12-05-2008, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the congrats all Hope my "hidden meaning" in my messages about vaccines and the office were clear enough www.drmattspiers.com is our website, it is under construction but getting there.

Toledo Area Parent is going to run a very small article about us in the New Kid's on the Block section in Jan. going to run a pic of Matt adjusting one of the girls too.

Tiffani- She takes her son to Dr. Safadi & Associates www.toledoallergy.com they have an office in Toledo and one in Oregon. She said she really likes him and the nurses are great with kids. She also recommended you check out the Food Allergy Anaphalactic Network www.FAAN.com or www.FAAN.org
#62 of 566 Old 12-05-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Another nuts allergy here. I had DS2 tested out by a hosital close to Oregon:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-15508995...z=Oregon%2C+OH

We only saw him once and he was nice enough. Only went there once bc we had insurance at the time and I could not get out to see my Mom's practice in Illinois.

The only thing I did not like was he did not quite understand what my Mom's practice let us do (I selected exactly what I wanted DS1 tested for). This guy seems like he has his standard tests and just wants to stick to that so I had to have DS2 tested for things I already knew he was not allergic too (corn, wheat).

Have fun reading ALL labels now!!
Thank you for the info Lisa Marie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Thanks for the congrats all Hope my "hidden meaning" in my messages about vaccines and the office were clear enough www.drmattspiers.com is our website, it is under construction but getting there.

Toledo Area Parent is going to run a very small article about us in the New Kid's on the Block section in Jan. going to run a pic of Matt adjusting one of the girls too.

Tiffani- She takes her son to Dr. Safadi & Associates www.toledoallergy.com they have an office in Toledo and one in Oregon. She said she really likes him and the nurses are great with kids. She also recommended you check out the Food Allergy Anaphalactic Network www.FAAN.com or www.FAAN.org
Thanks so much Julie, I will definately be bookmarking that website!!
#63 of 566 Old 12-06-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanilmt View Post
Hi ladies,

Well, I discovered yesterday that Holden is allergic to peanuts. I gave him his first PB sandwich yesterday. All he did was give it its first "test" lick and within a minute he was crying and rubbing his eyes. I thought he was just being fussy and not wanting to eat (like usual) but soon realized his eyes and face were all red and swollen with little welts, poor baby . He looked miserable and I felt horrible. I called our ped's office and let them know. They have referred us to an allergist. They gave me a couple names but I wanted to check on here to see what experiences any of you have had with allergists in the area...any recommendations or bad experiences?
I have no experience with food allergies...what am I in for?

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!
tiffani
So sorry Holden has a peanut allergy! I hope you find a good allergist! Hugs!!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

#64 of 566 Old 12-11-2008, 11:09 AM

Wow Ladies, its quiet!

I have been at YMCA Storer Camp Since Monday morning with my 6th graders. It is cold, wet, raining, freezing rain, sleet, and snowing, but the kids are having a blast. It is so cool to get to know them outside of school. I am back in the classroom today, but the students are still there until tomorrow (we switch out teachers mid-week)

Maia and I are going to NYC tomorrow for a "big girl trip" Very excited!
#65 of 566 Old 12-11-2008, 11:49 AM

Just in case anyone is interested.....

The Toledo Signing with Baby December Meetup

Please join us this month for a little Christmas party.

For more details, see the full listing:
http://babysigning.meetup.com/115/calendar/9148363/

When: December 17, 2008 10:30 AM

Where: Toledo-Lucas County Public Library - Holland
1032 S McCord Rd
Holland, OH 43528

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

Hope you can make it!!
Carla
#66 of 566 Old 12-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Hi Ladies!

It's been a while! We moved out of Toledo about 2 months ago and are now living in Huron, Ohio. Our house is still for sale in West Toledo in case anyone is looking. We are missing having access to all the playgroups and meet-ups - even though we always had a hard time making it anyway - but we're loving living right by the water. If anyone is headed through for Cedar Point or Kalahair, let us know!

My main reason for posting is that my sister just had a baby at Flower on Monday. She was going to see Dr. Dvorak at Perrysburg Peds (Ezri's old doctor), but found out today that they don't accept Paramount/Medicaid. They live in BG so they would rather do something in Perrysburg or BG if at all possible. Any reccomendations??? If all else fails, she is going to use Dr. Pappas in Sylvania, but would rather have someone close. Should add that they DO plan to vax on schedule.

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

#67 of 566 Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Wow Ladies, its quiet!

I have been at YMCA Storer Camp Since Monday morning with my 6th graders. It is cold, wet, raining, freezing rain, sleet, and snowing, but the kids are having a blast. It is so cool to get to know them outside of school. I am back in the classroom today, but the students are still there until tomorrow (we switch out teachers mid-week)

Maia and I are going to NYC tomorrow for a "big girl trip" Very excited!

We also leave for NYC today! Too funny!
#68 of 566 Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Seasons greetings friends.

I have a friend who needs to borrow a pack-n-play for family staying in town over the holidays. They are arriving next saturday.
Is anyone willing to loan theirs out? They also could use some winter clothes: (16 month old girl) as they live in a warmer climate.

Please contact Carolyn at 419-344-2851
She lives just off 475 in Maumee area and I am sure she would do pick up from you.
Thanks!

Shelly DeMeo Birth Doula/Educator, Massage Therapist, Birth Assistant, Echo Tech, Future CPM! Mom to Dylan (6/03) and Sage Aria (1/06).
#69 of 566 Old 12-13-2008, 06:57 PM

I'll try to get Phil to go out to his parent's tomorrow and see what we have by the way of winter clothes in that size from Mia. I'll call her and let her know that I'm looking though!

Oh, and I have my first appt. with Linda on Monday and I can't wait. I am 16 weeks, but feeling a little nervous. I felt this baby move so early (11 weeks) and now it's very sporadic, like once a day maybe. I think I'm still growing though. It's hard to tell since my fundus is right at my belly button and due to laproscopic surgery years ago, that area is tender when I probe it!! Which of course I do multiple times a day!

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#70 of 566 Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Just wanted to post to make sure everyone has the new evening LLL meeting location:

St. James Lutheran Church
4727 W. Sylvania Ave., Toledo

It's between Corey and Talmadge on the South Side of the street. I put the info for both groups on the Ohio gatherings sticky up at the top, so you can always find it there!

Thanks!
Cindy
#71 of 566 Old 12-15-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridaxsky View Post
It's been a while! We moved out of Toledo about 2 months ago and are now living in Huron, Ohio.
PM me bc you are out by me now. I live in PC and know a playgroup in Sandusky area though it is pretty mainstream but it is through Parents as Teachers (Help Me Grow). We had a Mommies Time Out Club through Firelands but they just ended that though Help Me Grow is suppose to be picking it back up again. I am part of a coop for homeschoolers which is based out of the Sandusky area.

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#72 of 566 Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmom View Post
Just wanted to post to make sure everyone has the new evening LLL meeting location:

St. James Lutheran Church
4727 W. Sylvania Ave., Toledo

It's between Corey and Talmadge on the South Side of the street. I put the info for both groups on the Ohio gatherings sticky up at the top, so you can always find it there!

Thanks!
Cindy
Just wanted to mention that the Evening LLL group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM. Babies are always welcome too. Thanks, Sue
#73 of 566 Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

When is the daytime lll meeting?

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#74 of 566 Old 12-16-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
When is the daytime lll meeting?
The Daytime LLL group meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10 AM.

We'd love to see you there.

Sue
#75 of 566 Old 12-16-2008, 11:33 AM

Just wanted to let you all know that there's a sticky at the top of the Indiana, Ohio, Michigan FYT page with a lot of regular meeting times and locations on it. Here it is:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=740858

If you all have other things going on regularly, add them in! Then we'll always know what's going on!

#76 of 566 Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM

Little bump as we made it to page 2.

Hope everyone has Happy Holidays!!!

#77 of 566 Old 12-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Thank you so much, Shelly, for an awesome massage session last night. I will definitely recommend you to anyone I know looking for an hour of massage relaxation and therapy.
#78 of 566 Old 12-19-2008, 10:59 PM

Speaking of that, I will be calling you (Shelly) as well!! I am getting more and more uncomfortable at night and it just gets worse during the day.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#79 of 566 Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 PM

I just thought I would let everyone know that I am an aunt as of 3:20 AM today. My B/SIL have been waiting to adopt for a long time and got a call in Nov that an 18 year old girl had chosen them to adopt her baby. He was born this morning in Gillette WY. His name is Liam Samuel and he was 6 pounds 11 ounces and 19.5 inches long. It is all official now as well, both she and the bio father signed the papers tonight.

#80 of 566 Old 12-20-2008, 09:43 PM

Congrats Erin!! What wonderful news for the Holidays!!! Soon he will have a cousin very close in age to join him.

#81 of 566 Old 12-21-2008, 04:34 PM

I did tell them that I was a bit jealous. They get all the fun with none of the weight gain and heartburn, but I was joking! I love being pregnant, even if I get horribly tired some days by noon.

#82 of 566 Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Holiday

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#83 of 566 Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM

I really feel like I need to learn how to sew. But, I would be starting from the very beginning. I would guess that the first thing I need is a sewing machine, but before I think about buying one new, I would like to find a decent used one. Does anyone know where to start looking? I've tried Craigslist but didn't see anything.

Oh, and some type of class or tutorial would be great too! I was thinking of calling Jo-Ann's since there is one of those about 5 mins from home.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

#84 of 566 Old 12-30-2008, 08:39 PM

Erin~

I know one of the Jo-Ann's in Toledo area does do sewing classes but not sure which one. I have no recommendations on machines as I also would love to learn but to drive to Toledo for the classes on a regular basis is out of the question right now. I know there was a thread quite some time ago on TBW about the various sewing machines.

GL, LM

#85 of 566 Old 12-31-2008, 11:06 AM

Thanks! I'll try to go find it.

#86 of 566 Old 12-31-2008, 11:10 AM

Hi all, hope the holidays were nice for everyone

Guess what? we decided that dec. was a great month to TTC I am only 5 dpo so no idea if we were successful (especially after all my years of fertility issues) but I had 2 1/2 days of textbook perfect ovulations signs (SHOW for those who have tracked fertility and O pain on the right side -which is the tube that is open) so here's to hoping!
#87 of 566 Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 PM

Good luck Julie!!! Here's hoping you were successful!!

#88 of 566 Old 01-01-2009, 01:39 PM

Good Luck Julie!!

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year!!

#89 of 566 Old 01-02-2009, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi all, hope the holidays were nice for everyone

Guess what? we decided that dec. was a great month to TTC I am only 5 dpo so no idea if we were successful (especially after all my years of fertility issues) but I had 2 1/2 days of textbook perfect ovulations signs (SHOW for those who have tracked fertility and O pain on the right side -which is the tube that is open) so here's to hoping!
Crossing fingers for you Juile

#90 of 566 Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmamma View Post
I really feel like I need to learn how to sew. But, I would be starting from the very beginning. I would guess that the first thing I need is a sewing machine, but before I think about buying one new, I would like to find a decent used one. Does anyone know where to start looking? I've tried Craigslist but didn't see anything.

Oh, and some type of class or tutorial would be great too! I was thinking of calling Jo-Ann's since there is one of those about 5 mins from home.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!
learning to sew isn't that hard- well the basics anyway I just bought a sewing machine ( 10 years ago) and read the directions it was easy anytime I have a question I just ask someone at JoAnne when Im buying fabric I dont do anything fancy but I can make diaper, dresses skirts, pillows, drapes, blankets, fleece longies I have never used a pattern in my life though I think those are confusing I just look at somthing and figure it out or I look for online tutoriols- those are the best!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page