Toledo area Moms.... lets give thanks - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 566 Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks all.

Matt says he feels a baby coming soon We really had not planned on TTC until June of this year anyway, but he just said he feels the time coming sooner so here we go! I am temp charting to get a good idea of patterns, especially with only having one tube and all of my feritlity issues in the past. The good news is that for the last 9 months I have had regular cycles (between 28-31 days) instead of the 35-65 days cycles I have always had before and I have no issues with producing the good fertile cervical fluid like I used to! Its amazing what eliminating stress and having the right partner can do for you! I just need to be sure not to let myself become obsessed, TTC took over my life when I was trying for the girls.
#122 of 566 Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Thanks all. We finally all got out yesterday: Big M even got to go sledding. Little M is still not quite up to par just yet. I will be so thankful when I can get somewhat of a decent nights rest.

Julie ~ here's to next month :

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#123 of 566 Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Oh, Stephanie (fridaxsky, my sil) said something that really made me smile inside. She said maybe all of these fertility and pregnancy signs were a message from our baby saying "Hey guys, I'm ready to come to you, get ready!"

It really was good I think, it made us really sure that another baby IS what is right for our family, we have been going back and forth between wanting another child and thinking we are crazy. Although we both would give anything to have all three of the girls with us full time, I must admit, we do enjoy having time to do things together without feeling like we are leaving kids out or arranging for a babysitter. However, we would both give that up for the chance to bring another child into our family. It just feels right
#124 of 566 Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 AM

Hey Julie,

I just spoke with the Deva of creation and asked her to sprinkle some fertile fairy dust your way

Shelly DeMeo Birth Doula/Educator, Massage Therapist, Birth Assistant, Echo Tech, Future CPM! Mom to Dylan (6/03) and Sage Aria (1/06).
#125 of 566 Old 01-13-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reikitiki View Post
Hey Julie,

I just spoke with the Deva of creation and asked her to sprinkle some fertile fairy dust your way

Thank You! We need it Its funny, we have really started to all figure each other out and our routines are working, time with all 3 girls together is more fun than work now and it just feels like something is missing. I turned around in the van over the weekend and thought about the fact that there is plently of room for two more car seats! (though one more is probably all we will add to our family ) I always wanted four kids I was looking through an old notebook from 6th grade and I had written down that I was going to have four kids and be a teacher. Its funny, I started out in engineering, then insurance, and am now a teacher. Started out with Bill adimate that he wanted either no children or just one. Now Matt and I have the three littles at home and are trying to add a 4th! of course we also have his 19 year old (whom I love because she is his, but I have never met and he did not raise, so it is different there) Hopefully my 6th grade wishes will come true!
#126 of 566 Old 01-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Well now I am sick I think I am going out to buy a mask because if I get my girls sick again: Hope everyone else is staying well and enjoying all the snow because it's gonna get really :

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#127 of 566 Old 01-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Heythere everyone! My name is Meggan, and this is my first post on a forum like this EVER! so please bear with me... I am single mom to Morgan-almost 10 months. We live with my parents in the country west of Toledo, and have since 1 year ago, when I decided to move back home, and get a divorce from my husband. I tried everything I could to make things work, but it came down to being a matter of mine and my unborn childs safety. So here we are! I also have chronic pain in my rt. foot, so there are many things that I have not been able to do for Morgan that I thoroughly believe in, such as extended breastfeeding and babywearing. I also have not been able to go as organic as I would ultimately like to be, money being a big factor. I am very interested in homeschooling Morgan in the future (although my ex is VERY opposed to that idea). I would really like to meet some other moms in the area with kids to do some play dates with, and also to learn from! If anyone would like to introduce themselves please do!

Meggan - mommy to Morgan - 10 months

(p.s. good luck Julie!)
#128 of 566 Old 01-13-2009, 06:22 PM

Meggan~

Hi. I am Lisa Marie. I have DSs (2 & 4 yo) plus 1 on the way for May. I live close to Cedar Point so I am not out much to the Toledo area especially during the snowy months.

There are a few groups now that meet once a month. I am part of a Yahoo group for the Toledo area for homeschooling. One of the Mamas here I know is part of that group and probably could give you a little more info on it as she has a slightly older child and we only recently joined.

This is a wonderful group of Mamas to get to know.

Smiles,
Lisa Marie

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#129 of 566 Old 01-14-2009, 01:03 PM

HI Meggan,
I have list of many local gatherings and groups going on here in Toledo. It is on the contact page of my website. I don't think I am allowed to post the web address here though (?). I can email it to you if you like?

Shelly

Shelly DeMeo Birth Doula/Educator, Massage Therapist, Birth Assistant, Echo Tech, Future CPM! Mom to Dylan (6/03) and Sage Aria (1/06).
#130 of 566 Old 01-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiter View Post
Hi Shelly! Stop by this coming Momday at 4:45 and try the 3yo class at the Sylvania location. I'll be there too and would be happy to introduce you and Sage. I think it would be great fun for Sage because it's a very small class so far. One 3yo girl and one 3yo boy. She'll get lots of attention.

Anyone else, please stop out too and check it out!!
~Carla
Sage and I loved the class. Thanks for suggesting it. Roger is great and it was great to see familiar faces! Erica- I hope you bring Leah back too!

#131 of 566 Old 01-15-2009, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reikitiki View Post
Sage and I loved the class. Thanks for suggesting it. Roger is great and it was great to see familiar faces! Erica- I hope you bring Leah back too!
I'm so glad you liked it! I truly enjoyed watching the girls have such a good time. There is nothing better than happy, giggling, dancing, little girls! Looking forward to next week!

Holly, you should bring Lanie, too! hint, hint, wink, wink!!

~Carla
#132 of 566 Old 01-15-2009, 11:32 AM

Can you still register for classes or are they a pay as you go system? I had my appt with Linda on Monday so we couldn't come. I don't know how Mia would do though, she won't be 3 till June, so maybe we'll wait.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#133 of 566 Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambolina View Post
Heythere everyone! My name is Meggan, and this is my first post on a forum like this EVER! so please bear with me... I am single mom to Morgan-almost 10 months. We live with my parents in the country west of Toledo, and have since 1 year ago, when I decided to move back home, and get a divorce from my husband. I tried everything I could to make things work, but it came down to being a matter of mine and my unborn childs safety. So here we are! I also have chronic pain in my rt. foot, so there are many things that I have not been able to do for Morgan that I thoroughly believe in, such as extended breastfeeding and babywearing. I also have not been able to go as organic as I would ultimately like to be, money being a big factor. I am very interested in homeschooling Morgan in the future (although my ex is VERY opposed to that idea). I would really like to meet some other moms in the area with kids to do some play dates with, and also to learn from! If anyone would like to introduce themselves please do!

Meggan - mommy to Morgan - 10 months

(p.s. good luck Julie!)
Hi Meggan, welcome to the group, glad you found us!! This board has some amazing information and has personally been a huge support in our parenting. I know there is a "single parenting" forum on here that could give you some extra support. We live in Point Place but I grew up out "there" too in good ol' rural Fulton County Ohio so here's an extra special welcome...
Maybe once spring hits (I know it's hard to think about spring with this weather) we could meet at Secor Park for some fun with kids.

tiffani
#134 of 566 Old 01-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad you liked it! I truly enjoyed watching the girls have such a good time. There is nothing better than happy, giggling, dancing, little girls! Looking forward to next week!

Holly, you should bring Lanie, too! hint, hint, wink, wink!!

~Carla
I would love too! Its just a little far for us in this bad weather. I know Lanie would love it, I'm going to have to think about it!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

#135 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 04:02 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I, or course, welcome any emails and invites! I'm not very good at the online stuff....I'm an 'in person' kinda gal. I should be checking this tomorrow though. Thanks again!:
#136 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 04:47 AM

Hey Everyone!
I have to register my daughter for kindergarten in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has a vaccine exemption form/letter that they have successfuly used that they would share with me? I have all the codes, etc and a letter that I have drafted myself but hate to totally re-invent the wheel if someone has one that they have been successful with.
Thanks so much!
Carla
#137 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemama View Post
I would love too! Its just a little far for us in this bad weather. I know Lanie would love it, I'm going to have to think about it!
Oh! I think she would love it and so would Arika!!!!
#138 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmamma View Post
Can you still register for classes or are they a pay as you go system? I had my appt with Linda on Monday so we couldn't come. I don't know how Mia would do though, she won't be 3 till June, so maybe we'll wait.
Hi Erin!!
You could always come try it and see how she does! He said he would consider doing a 2 1/2- to 3-year old class if he had enough interest. I think it would be so much fun!!
~Carla
#139 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 05:02 AM

I became an aunt for the 13th time tonight!!!
My younger and very mainstream sister had a baby girl. She now has 3 under 3 and all in diapers!!!!!!!
#140 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Hi Erin!!
You could always come try it and see how she does! He said he would consider doing a 2 1/2- to 3-year old class if he had enough interest. I think it would be so much fun!!
~Carla
I think Mia would love it! I'll check back to his website and get the details!

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#141 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Carla~ Congrats!!

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#142 of 566 Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I became an aunt for the 13th time tonight!!!
My younger and very mainstream sister had a baby girl. She now has 3 under 3 and all in diapers!!!!!!!
Wow Carla! Congrats! I hope you are able to convince her to try cloth! Even with my 2 in cloth, its not bad, I can't imagine 3 would be much more!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

#143 of 566 Old 01-19-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi Erin!!
~Carla
I have an almost 3 yr old I would put in the class is it pay as you go or all the money up front

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#144 of 566 Old 01-19-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
I have an almost 3 yr old I would put in the class is it pay as you go or all the money up front
Hey Betsy! Come check it out and see if you like it. The class is tonight at 4:45 with the 3 year-olds. The classes are $10 a week but most of us just pay $40 at the beginning of each month. He doesn't charge to check it out and decide if you like it.

Roger's Dance Center
6540 W Central, Suite O
Toledo, OH 43617

He is on the N side of Central Ave, between the Speedway Gas Station and a Little Car Wash. He's in a little plaza that's shaped like a 'L'. You can only see the short part of the 'L' from the street and he is down the long part of the 'L' almost to the end. I hope that makes sense!

~Carla
#145 of 566 Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

DAng I didnt know it was on Mondays we have a prior commintment for DS on Monday nights maybe in 6 week though when we are done with DS we would love to check it out

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#146 of 566 Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 PM

Just a reminder that the Toledo Evening LLL group has moved locations. We're still meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM. The new location is:

St. Jame's Lutheran Church
4727 W. Sylvania Ave

It's on Sylvania Ave. between Talmadge and Corey Rd. You can turn into the parking lot off Sylvania, or turn onto Brockton and turn into the lot from that road as well. When facing the back of the building, take the doors furthest to your left. We meet in the first room on the left -the lounge.

If the weather is bad, please contact one of the Leaders to make sure the meeting is still on.

Thanks, Sue
#147 of 566 Old 01-20-2009, 05:18 PM

This months Birth Circle topic is babywearing with Dawn Partlow!

Hope to see everyone there! :
#148 of 566 Old 01-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Hi there,
Does anyone in toledo really like their preschool?? my son, who just turned 4, goes to OLPH a catholic school very close to us in S. toledo. i am very frustrated and looking for something else though. after receiving the latest "report card" (come on, are we really grading 3 and 4 year olds?!) and seeing comments like "doesn't work fast enough" and "has little interest in coloring" (yeah, how about trying something creative, are we really still focusing on coloring inside the lines?) i'm looking for something better

I love the Montessori approach but the one we looked at (West Side) is too pricey. Please help! Bonus points for being close to S. Toledo.

Thanks guys,
Lindsay
#149 of 566 Old 01-23-2009, 09:38 AM

Hi Lindsay,
I have been introduced to home based preschool that is montessori based and it's VERY, very, very affordable! Okay, so it's free----
It's M-W-F morings and she also offers daycare afterwards as well as on T-Th. They have field trips once a month. It's great. Only catch is that it's on Monroe, Mi. Straight up telegraph, about a 30 min drive for me and I am looking for someone to carpool,switch or pay to drive one way.

Anyone else even remotely interested???
Shelly

#150 of 566 Old 01-23-2009, 01:07 PM

I will also add that we have heard GREAT things about Gateway, it's on Bancroft just west of Talmadge. I would love to send Sage there but again would need to carpool or switch days for drop off or pick up.
Life would be so much easier if there were more families interested in sharing in daily tasks. I am looking to align with others who support each other. Sometimes being a conscious parent means that we make choices that might not always be convenient but you find a way to make it work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page