Toledo area Moms.... lets give thanks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 566 Old 11-01-2008, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Toledo Area MOMS....... lets give Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUr last thread as getting very large so I started a new one. I was told long thread can crash the system.

Sooooooooooooo, here we are I know so welcome to the new thread.

I am Betsy,my Husband andI have 3 beautifull children ( Sebastian 8, Alexis 2, and Xander almost 1 year!) My husband and I run and own our own business and I Homeschool our children.

I am Thankful for the Mothering boards for they have taught me so much about natural living and for meeting so many of you lovely ladies who offer me so much great advice and support. I am also very thankful I am able o be a SAHM and Homeschool my children, and for having a happy healthy family. We may not have a showroom for a house but iti s filled with love and children and thats what keeps us warm at night.

So who are you and what are you thanklful for??

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#2 of 566 Old 11-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Betsy, What business do you and your DH own? If you don't want to post here, send me a PM. I'm always curious about other local business owners since I am a local business owner as well.

My name is Elissa and I am a work-from-home mom to Jayson 05 and George 07. My DH is Gary. Right now I am super thankful for having a 2 and 1/2 acre property. We'd love to move to the country but it probably won't happen too soon but I can still be very thankful for what we do have. And I'm excited that I have learning about square foot gardening so I can make super good use of my land for becoming more and more self-sufficient.
#3 of 566 Old 11-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Hi! I'm Holly and I have Lanie 04, Parker 06 and Cooper 08. I am the co-leader of the Toledo Area Babywearers and Toledo Area Cloth Diaper Talk groups. I am officially a SAHM!

I am thankful for my dh and his new wonderful job! I am thankful that we are able to buy a house. I am thankful for our beautiful children and thankful that I get to stay home with them. I am thankful that I found a wonderful group of friends that have the same mind set as me. I'm glad to be apart of this group!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

#4 of 566 Old 11-02-2008, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Elissa we are known to our friends as the king and queens of entraprener ( i can't even spell the word lol) businesses right now we have 2

CN Technologies it a computer networking biz ( IT stuff) we have had that one 9 years

And our newer one Shopmetrics which is hopefully the one going to make us rich and that company is an international company that provides software for mystery shopping companies we have had that one for 5 years

#5 of 566 Old 11-02-2008, 11:10 AM

I'm Melody, mom and fostermom to Prewitt 02, Maggie 04, Donovan 07, and Brody Bear 08.

I'm so grateful for my foster son and every other foster child who has spent time with our family. Our foster son was 7-weeks-old (6-8 weeks premature) when he came to us nearly a year ago weighing only 5lbs and 5oz. He has overcome SO many medical issues and while his immune system is not as strong as most kids, he is healthy and happy and strong. We don't know how long he will be with us (we WILL adopt if his case goes that way) but I'm so grateful for everything he has taught me about the human spirit, about my abilities to love a child as my own who is not my own, my children's abilities to love and share and comfort another human, and about my husband's open heart and ability to father (I don't think I've given him enough opportunities to "share the load" and really come into his own as a father).

I'm grateful, too, that I'm not just surviving 4 kids but LOVING it and I'm ready for more...biological or foster or adopted!

Melody...Mommy to ds1, dd1, ds2, ds3, ds4, and dd2

#6 of 566 Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 AM

I am Lisa Marie. I am lucky to be pretty much a SAHM for my 2 little men and a new bean arriving supposedly in May 2009.

I am thankful for my loving DH who goes out and works so I can stay home with our boys which has led us to homeschooling, living so close to family, and that we are happy and healthy.

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#7 of 566 Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
Elissa we are known to our friends as the king and queens of entraprener ( i can't even spell the word lol) businesses right now we have 2

CN Technologies it a computer networking biz ( IT stuff) we have had that one 9 years

And our newer one Shopmetrics which is hopefully the one going to make us rich and that company is an international company that provides software for mystery shopping companies we have had that one for 5 years
My DH is a computer networking "nerd" too; he works for a small family-owned company in Toledo.
#8 of 566 Old 11-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymommy View Post
I'm grateful, too, that I'm not just surviving 4 kids but LOVING it and I'm ready for more...biological or foster or adopted!
Woo hoo! You go, girl! We, too, want to have a big family. We will be TTC starting in January so that I can have a late fall or winter baby!
#9 of 566 Old 11-03-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elissa_teal View Post
Woo hoo! You go, girl! We, too, want to have a big family. We will be TTC starting in January so that I can have a late fall or winter baby!
I want a spring baby as both of mine are fall and winter (almost christmas) We will start ttc in the fall or possibly summer. I really want to start in January as well but then I will have another fall or winter babe which will put all 3 b-days back to back and planning for b-day parties so close together will be just a wee bit too much for me : I dunno I may just change my mind

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#10 of 566 Old 11-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Hi, I am Susan also a SAHM thanks to DH who works so hard to make that happen
I am thankful too for finding this board thanks to Betsy & Julie who I met at LLL meeting which seems like forever ago. I have learned so much and have changed my lifestyle in so many ways thanks to mothering.

I am also very thankful I have a healthy and happy family

I hope someday I get to meet those of you that I haven't met and get to know you all

#11 of 566 Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 PM

I'm Cindy, SAHM to Sam 02, Mary 05, and Lucy 08. We live down in Pemberville. I'm one of the LLL leaders with the daytime group in Toledo. We homeschool and are still working out the kinks in that, but are beginning to actually like it!

I guess that's it for now...

Oh, yeah, I'm thankful for my absolutely wonderful husband, who is a great dad, does the laundry and dishes, and just loves us all immensely!
#12 of 566 Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Hi, I'm Betsy - a FT WOHM to Oliver 07, and a new little one due early April 09. I do payroll/accounting for a manufacturing company, but am hoping to find something part time once our new lo arrives

I am thankful for many, many things - my wonderful family, the ability to get pregnant and be able to carry without complications, my loving puppers that were our first kids, and a DH that hasn't run screaming from me yet he puts up with a lot, and is a fantastic, loving father!

Wife to my lobster, mama to Dude (6/07), Monkey (3/09), 3 puppers and unexpectedly expecting #3 (edd late June/early July '11)!
#13 of 566 Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM

I'm Erin, SAHM mom to Amelia, '06, and wife to Phil. I am thankful that Phil has a job, that while not perfect, is still a job that provides for our family. I am also thankful for this new little life that I am carrying. It may not have been planned, but I know it will be a blessing to our lives as much as Mia has been.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#14 of 566 Old 11-04-2008, 06:47 PM

Thought I could post here too...

From Ohio Families for Safe Births

Urgently seeking an AUGUST baby for the OFSB calendar

Posted by: "Sora Colvin" soracolvin@gmail.com matthew_colvin
Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:12 pm (PST)

While I have good pictures for every other month, my only August baby fell
through, and I need a replacement ASAP in order to get the calendar to the
printer this week.

If you have a child who was born at home in Ohio in August (any year), can
provide a high-resolution photograph from the first year of life for the
calendar, and are willing to sign a photo release, please email me!

(For more details about the calendar project, please see:
http://safebirthohio.org/blog/ archives/162)

Sora Colvin
safebirthohio.org

#15 of 566 Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Thought I could give you all an update since I went for my check up appt. and U/S yesterday. Tech could not find what caused the bleed a few wks ago so she thinks it resolved itself or at least that is what she told me. Here are the pics we got...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/...cstogether.jpg

Thanks everyone for the support!

#16 of 566 Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 PM

Those are so cool!!!! I think I've been feeling some movement, so I'm getting a little more excited and less paranoid!!!

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#17 of 566 Old 11-06-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye_mama View Post
Hi, I'm Betsy - a FT WOHM to Oliver 07, and a new little one due early April 09. I do payroll/accounting for a manufacturing company, but am hoping to find something part time once our new lo arrives
Hey Betsy, this system doesn't seem to want to let me send you a PM so I'm posting here in public. I just wanted to ask you what kinds of work you are considering for when you go to part-time. The company that I am with pays well, allows me to be creative with my work and I can work as much or as little as I want. And the incentive trip for 2010 is an all expenses paid trip for 4 to Disney World! Like I said, I just wanted to ask what kinds of work you are considering b/c I know of a lot of different possibilities in all different kinds of businesses; I'm involved in quite a lot of organizations and know a lot of people. Hopefully, you have the ability to send me a PM or an email if you want to chat about PT work possibilities in Toledo. Elissa
#18 of 566 Old 11-07-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Thought I could give you all an update since I went for my check up appt. and U/S yesterday. Tech could not find what caused the bleed a few wks ago so she thinks it resolved itself or at least that is what she told me. Here are the pics we got...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/...cstogether.jpg

Thanks everyone for the support!
so happy everything is going well and the pics are so cool

#19 of 566 Old 11-07-2008, 12:02 PM

Elissa i am trying to pm you but it says your mailbox is full and you have to clear some of your messages out. Just thought I'd let you know

#20 of 566 Old 11-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Birth Doula Workshop offered in SE Mi. Feb 21st and 22nd 2009
Presented by the Center For the Childbearing Year
Presented by Patty Brennan and hosted by Shelly DeMeo
To be held a Mother’s Own Birth Center in Temperance, Michigan

This post was removed an another thread. "You may not advertise yourself or your business on MDC"

PM me if you would like more info.

Shelly DeMeo Birth Doula/Educator, Massage Therapist, Birth Assistant, Echo Tech, Future CPM! Mom to Dylan (6/03) and Sage Aria (1/06).
#21 of 566 Old 11-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Thanks Shelly for the info. I am passing it on to the LC in my area who can give it to the right person where DS2 arrived.

#22 of 566 Old 11-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Me, me, Shelly! matt and i are both interested as is a nurse friend
#23 of 566 Old 11-11-2008, 03:47 PM

Just a quick note since we were in danger of falling off the page!! Have a great Tuesday everyone!

#24 of 566 Old 11-13-2008, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

I just had to post, I got my very first Brand new vehicle I have always bought used before I'm so excited I just keep looking at in my Drivway I got a Dodge Caravan 08 and my husband and I had a bet to see who could talk the dealer down the lowest so we talked to 2 differnt sales guys and I got the van for 19k and it was listed at 33 my husband said he never even got close to that number! HA! Who said girls can't negotiate car deals! Just had to share my joy now I need to read the manual cuz it has sooooooooooo many features I dont know how to work

#25 of 566 Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 AM

That is awesome Betsy!! You will have to post a pic. DH and I have to figure out if we can fit 3 car seats in our SUV or if I need to finally get a mini van.

#26 of 566 Old 11-14-2008, 06:07 PM

Congrats betsy!

Hey L-M We bought a full size conversion van in August and I am in love. It is a 95 with 115,000 miles but we bought from the original owner, an older man who bought it brand new with all the bells and whistles when he retired. It is the best thing we ever did, our seats are like cushy recliners, we have the three car seats positioned with the two younger ones inthe captains chairs int he center and Maia in the middle of the back bench. Maia moved back into a 5 point harness and is loving it. It has a tv/vcr combo and jacks for 4 sets of head phones so the kids can watch a movie or listen to books on tape and matt and I can talk or listen to our own music. We have a port-a-potty on board (from my dad's boat) the back bench folds out (automatically) into a double bed, and the center row captains chairs swival so when the kids get older (and stop trying to attack each other on long rides) they can all face each other to talk or play games. I am really loving it now that it is getting colder and rainy. Since kids shouldnot wear winter coats in car seats it is logistically hard to get coats off and into car seats without a parent needing to freeze to death in the process. The van is so roomy inside that we all get in, can start the van and the girls have room to get the coats off and hop in and I can walk around and check seats, take coats, etc. It gets 18 miles to the gallon, not super, but if you are already driving an suv its probably better or the same. Ours is a V*, I do know you can find them with a V6 for better milage. I originally wanted a minivan but I am so glad we went full size.
#27 of 566 Old 11-14-2008, 07:05 PM

Thank for the info on the conversion van! DH was already looking at a Honda Odessey or something as he thought that was the best when he was comparing things online. I am definitely planning on having a TV with either VCR or DVD in the next vehicle bc of our trips out of state. I am wishing we had it now bc of our trip to FL. I could keep DS1 so much happier for the 1.7 day ride in the car. By the end of the 1st day we struggle to get the boys back into their seats and getting them into them on day 2 is even worse. This will be our last family vacation for awhile.

Anyone know of a Marketing type job? DH is looking for something FT with benefits since his client cut his hrs and we are not sure by how much yet as they are still determining how much they want him doing stuff still. We need something more stable especially with a new LO on the way.

Hey Betsy~

You posted about HSing group so something going to the museum in one of the Yahoo groups. Wondering if you are part of a group in the Toledo area and if so do they have a Yahoo group or anything. Figured the more I can get involved with the better even if we do not go to everything.

Smiles, LM

#28 of 566 Old 11-16-2008, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Congrats betsy!

Hey L-M We bought a full size conversion van in August and I am in love. It is a 95 with 115,000 miles but we bought from the original owner, an older man who bought it brand new with all the bells and whistles when he retired. It is the best thing we ever did, our seats are like cushy recliners, we have the three car seats positioned with the two younger ones inthe captains chairs int he center and Maia in the middle of the back bench. Maia moved back into a 5 point harness and is loving it. It has a tv/vcr combo and jacks for 4 sets of head phones so the kids can watch a movie or listen to books on tape and matt and I can talk or listen to our own music. We have a port-a-potty on board (from my dad's boat) the back bench folds out (automatically) into a double bed, and the center row captains chairs swival so when the kids get older (and stop trying to attack each other on long rides) they can all face each other to talk or play games. I am really loving it now that it is getting colder and rainy. Since kids shouldnot wear winter coats in car seats it is logistically hard to get coats off and into car seats without a parent needing to freeze to death in the process. The van is so roomy inside that we all get in, can start the van and the girls have room to get the coats off and hop in and I can walk around and check seats, take coats, etc. It gets 18 miles to the gallon, not super, but if you are already driving an suv its probably better or the same. Ours is a V*, I do know you can find them with a V6 for better milage. I originally wanted a minivan but I am so glad we went full size.
I was scarad of the size of the mini van at first but now that I have driven it and put the kids in it I'm really looking forward to trading it in after a few years and getting a full size because although it's bigger than a car it is still a little smaller than I wanted. We got the DVD system which is so cool cuz there are 3 of them that can all play something differnt and headphones for each dvd player. Your van sound Super cool to Julie I'd love to see it sometime, and you too of course Our van gets 16 Miles to the Gallan and is a v6 so not to much better than yours

#29 of 566 Old 11-16-2008, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Thank for the info on the conversion van! DH was already looking at a Honda Odessey or something as he thought that was the best when he was comparing things online.

Hey Betsy~

You posted about HSing group so something going to the museum in one of the Yahoo groups. Wondering if you are part of a group in the Toledo area and if so do they have a Yahoo group or anything. Figured the more I can get involved with the better even if we do not go to everything.[/COLOR]

Smiles, LM
Lisa We had heard that the Odyssy was the best too! So we looked at that one first but we really like the Toyota Seinna the best.The Odyssy is more of a luxery vehicle the Seinna was too but seemed to have more saftey and functionality we only went with the Dodge because we got 3500 off due to chystler family discount but if not we would have went with the Seinna

as for homeschooling this here are 2 Toledo Area yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ToledoHELP/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Toledo-homeschool/

lots of moms who intend on HSing join while they still have preschoolers because lots of events and field trip are open to preschoolers

#30 of 566 Old 11-19-2008, 03:18 PM

bump!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page