preschool/daycare recs in AA or Columbia, MD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All:

New-ish member, first time poster, so please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I didn't find the info I was looking for through my forum searches...

a bit of background for context:
we are new to the area, currently renting a house in Shipley's Choice, (Millersville/Severna Park). We like the area.

DH and I both work at the same company in Columbia, MD. (We had moved for his job and it just sort of turned out that I started working there too.)

So, because this job kind of came at me in a hurry, we found daycare at a corporate-owned care facility near the office in Columbia. DD is 20 months old. I'm OK with the facility, as she's in a 1:3 ratio room. I am less comfortable with their set up for 2 year olds and will be looking to move her in/around that date (July). I can't tell you why exactly I'm uncomfortable... I just am and I can't shake it, so I'm going with the mama instinct on this one.

So...
I'm looking for daycare and/or preschool recommendations for EITHER the Columbia area or the Severna Park/Pasadena/Glen Burnie/Millersville area.

Any recommendations or insights are welcomed! Thanks so much in advance!

--marybeth
#2 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 PM

You can try the AA County Child Care Locate Service. They can give you a list of all certified in home daycare providers based on your address. Basically they give you providers closest to your home and some even have rates listed. This is how we found child care for our daughter, I thought it was a great free service!

Call LOCATE: 410-222-1728

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#3 of 5 Old 03-04-2009, 08:01 PM

The Young School in Gambrills is very good - my sister sent her kids there and loved it. Also The Goddard School in Pasadena - a close friend sends her son there and raves about it.

I just want to add that I grew up in Shipley's and my parents still live there. It's a great neighborhood.

#4 of 5 Old 03-07-2009, 06:21 PM

go visit Cradlerock Children's Center. http://cradlerockcenter.org/
#5 of 5 Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM

Its splitting the distance between the two, I've been happy with Childtime in Hanover. I know that none are 100% perfect, but we've been pleased with the staff, hours, and facility, and most importantly, the kids seem happy!

Some of the 2nd shift staff aren't as good (and I can't quantify that really - just they seem a little less professional?) but again, all kids are safe and happy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page