Pediatrician Recommendation - Eastern Shore? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2009, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone recommend a pediatrician on the Eastern Shore (I'm in Easton, MD) that would be okay with delayed/selective vaccination? I don't feel my current Pediatrician thinks any vaccine concerns are warranted...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM

I'm looking for someone on the Eastern Shore as well. Did you find anyone?

Megan, 24: Wife to John and mommy to Gemma Rae, born June 19, 2009. Ready for #2!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM

I see Dr. McGrath on Kent Island at Annapolis Pediatrics. I cant say enough great things about him (and their new office! I never have to wait). I went thru quite a few dr's before I found him.

As for the vaccing...I got all of my DS's shots on time except the MMR. We agreed that he'd get it by 2 (as long as he got it) bc their office is pro-vac but Dr Mc Grath is alot more flexiable. Maybe you could meet with him and tell him what you want to do/dont want to do and see what he says. Maybe their are some he'd "let" you forgo altogether? Its worth a shot. From Easton though, its about 25 min so as long as you dotn mind the drive every few months.

Love 12.22.2004 ** Marriage 2.24.2007 ** Baby Carriage 8.7.2007 ** Double Stroller 7.20.2009 ** Triple Trouble EDD 5.15.2011
Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 AM

When we lived in St. Michaels we went to Shore Pediatrics, Dr. Mark Langfitt. Can't say enough good things about him. Did not like the Nurse Practitioner, so if you go with them, don't see her!!

He always talked to me like an educated adult parent capable of grasping issues and making informed decisions. He always listened, and was not upset with delayed/selective vaxing choices we made. (Again, do not see the NP, she is hardcore, pressuring and obnoxious about the vax).

Dr. Langfit even made time to take my call from Costa Rica when my DD was having bizarre side effects from Zantac. We spent at least 15 minutes on the phone, while he got me the information I needed, and talked me through what we needed to do.

He's good people.

User Tag List