Mothering Forum banner

grass-fed raw milk source in Baltimore

5K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  SteamandGears 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can find some? I live downtown but I'm hoping there's some within 20 miles??

#11 ·
South Mountain Creamery doesn't sell raw milk, do they? Last time I looked at their website (which seems to be down right now) they have grass-fed, free range cows but do not offer raw or certified-organic milk products. Did something change with their products/policies? Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlove View Post

I order from South Mountain Creamery in Thurmont, MD. I really love them, delivery is awesome, and you can visit the farm, especially on their semi-annual festivals. They even sell bread from Ellicot City, so that's very local to Ft. Meade! GL!

#15 ·
Apparently there is an underground network people are protecting :)

We live in Western MD and travel to a pick up drop on the border for legally produced organic-grass-fed-raw-jersey-cow milk among other products including cream, eggs, beef, pork, raw-cheese, produce, etc. All family raised on pasture with no grain, antibiotics, hormones, etc the way it should be.

http://yourfamilycow.com/

They have drop points all along the PA/MD border I believe, their website is absolutely fantastic and user friendly, you can order online and join a drop point, etc. I LOVE this family and trust them implicitly with our health. Their milk is what is sold to SMC and adulterated--ahem... I mean pasteurized and homogenized. We've been working with YFC for over 2 years now, their products are always top notch and the staff is professional and friendly.

www.localharvest.org is also a resource I used to use to find products like this. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.