Pediatricians in Montgomery county - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I need to take my 2 yr old to a ped for a checkup and I need them to sign a form agreeing to see my new baby when she comes. Does anyone have a reccomendation in Montgomery county, MD?

Thanks
#2 of 7 Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 AM

No personal experience here, but we just signed up with Dr. June Fusner and Nancy Hoover at Kensington Pediatrics. However, I don't think they are taking any more new patients. Also have heard great things about Dr. Patricia Armstrong or Sebastian, not sure which last name is current now. She's in MoCo, but I think in like Silver Spring/Rockville area. Google for her info. Good luck!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#3 of 7 Old 11-04-2009, 11:41 AM

we wanted to go to fusner (who has a reputation for being very natural-oriented, flexible with vaccination, home birth friendly, etc.) but she didn't take our insurance. after a bunch of research we settled upon capitol medical group:
http://www.capitolmedicalgroup.com/site/

we see dr. reva snow. we just had a baby at home a week ago and so far so good. they have been supportive of home birth and dr snow is willing to be flexible with vaccinations though she is very pro-vaccination herself, as is most of the practice. dr snow is very laid back and we like her. the main doctor (richard jones) in this practice used to do home visits to see babies born at home, and runs an info session for parents considering the practice, we went, and were encouraged when he talked about his support of out of hospital birth and where he also talked about circumcision as an optional cosmetic procedure. overall they are more mainstream than we would like, but less mainstream than many other practices around here, and we have been happy with them. they also have a lactation consultant on staff who i thought was very good, and we've never had trouble getting appointments.

good luck!
#4 of 7 Old 12-11-2009, 02:50 AM
etc

Is there anyone closer to Rockville or Germantown? Someone who aggressively doesn't push vax.
#5 of 7 Old 12-16-2009, 08:20 AM

We see Dr. Rhaman, ( I don't think I spelled her name correctly) her practice is Clarksburg Pediatrics. She has an office in Montgomery Village, near Costco, and an office in Clarksburg. She is pretty conventional but I find that she trusts parents. I know that many parents in her practice (including myself) are on an alternate vax schedule or choose not to vax at all. She is beautiful with my children.
Emma
#6 of 7 Old 12-23-2009, 04:57 PM

Takai, Hoover, Hsu, and Associates in Germantown. They are absolutely wonderful. I'm not sure what their position is on vaxing. I mean, they are generally pro-vax, but it seems to me they'd work with you if you aren't.
#7 of 7 Old 12-25-2009, 12:20 AM

Dr Wendy at www.yourkiddoc.com in Germantown

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page