Midwife Recomendations in Hagerstown or Frederick MD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister-in-law is looking for a midwife before trying to get pregnant. She lives in Hagerstown MD and would like some recommendations for any between Hagerstown and Frederick. Thank you!

#2 of 9 Old 01-07-2010, 12:37 AM

I'll PM you.
#3 of 9 Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 AM

Also PMing.
#4 of 9 Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 PM

I believe Capital Womens Care has midwifes on staff if you are looking for a hospital delivery. If she is looking for a homebirth midwife Evelyn Mulhurn at Alternative Birth Choices will travel to Hagerstown to do births.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#5 of 9 Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, you've been incredibly helpful! My SIL has chosen a couple of different people to contact based on your comments and recommendations.

Thanks again!
#6 of 9 Old 01-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Oh, also, does your SIL have a pedi picked out? From what I understand Dr. Budi of Weiss, Becker Shuster and Budi is the only doctor around here who will see homebirth babies if they need to get checked out after birth, but don't necessarily need to be transfered to the hospital.

My friend (who just had a homebirth here)'s baby's breathing was a little off right after birth. It improved a lot but the midwife thought it would be a good idea for him to get checked out as a precaution. Dr. Budi saw him a couple hours after birth, said he was great and to take him home. Most doctors won't see baby and will just tell you to go to a hospital, which can be a huge hassle. Dr. Budi didn't give them a hard time about having a homebirth at all.

http://www.washingtoncountyhospital....sp?Practice=26
#7 of 9 Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM

I love Dr Budi Ive been seeing him with my boys for over 6 yrs. I DISPISE Dr Weiss FYI. Dr Budi works with me on a delayed schedule. I have taked with him in great detail about the schedule I wanted for DS4. They will dismiss patients that dont vaccinate.

Dr Budi is awesome I would recommend him to anyone.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#8 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Womens' Health Center of Robinwood has midwives too. I see them for all my regular checkups etc, and they delivered both my babies, one born almost naturally and one no meds at all. They have said they wish they could do home births but their insurance doesn't cover it.

I use the weiss, becker, shuster, budi practice...but, we are not a fan of Budi...he has a way of making me feel "dumb" as the mom and we along with several of our friends have had problems with him in relation to breastfeeding. We love Schuster though...we usually try to see him, we like Weiss too, but we do not like Weiss's nurses.
#9 of 9 Old 01-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Dr Weiss is the one who kicked my friend out of the practice because she wanted to wait till 12 months to start vaccines she got kicked out at his 9 month appt. Dr Weiss was also the one who took my call on vacation when my 15 yr old had swimmers ear ( for the at least 10th time in his life and my sister is an ER nurse and she checked it) He refused to call in the script for him and wanted me to go to the ER and spend $100.

We will NOT see Dr Weiss for many reasons ( even my kids dont care for him). The NP in the practice are also really nice

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page