FsaFeds and doulas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2010, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering if anybody has had any luck in having their doula reimbursed by FsaFeds. According to their website, "If the doula is a licensed health care professional who renders medical care, his or her fees can be reimbursed." I've submitted a receipt from my doula, as well as a letter of medical necessity from my midwife, but it keeps getting denied. Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by april mama View Post
I was wondering if anybody has had any luck in having their doula reimbursed by FsaFeds. According to their website, "If the doula is a licensed health care professional who renders medical care, his or her fees can be reimbursed." I've submitted a receipt from my doula, as well as a letter of medical necessity from my midwife, but it keeps getting denied. Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
I am a doula and I have a friend who is a doula who was re-imbursed through the FSA (or her client was ). The key is having a doula who has a medical provider number. They can register for one and then are more likely to be reimbursed.

Good luck!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:30 PM

I havent had an issue being re-imbursed through my FSA... I just submitted a recipet and got a check 2 or 3 weeks later...

It varies greatly based on the type of FSA it is...

Good luck! Keep submitting... They'll approve it sooner or later!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the advice. both my midwife and the doula have license numbers, which i provided, but i was told that the letter of medical necessity needed to state a MEDICAL reason for having the doula. i realize that doulas aren't really supposed to provide a "medical" function, but would love suggestions on how my midwife might make the letter of medical necessity sound more "medical".

User Tag List