Posterior tongue tie - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone found a local doctor who would deal with this? I was going to go see Dr. Coryllos, but she is apparently no longer practicing. Anyone have any other recs?

<>< Alison
#2 of 7 Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM

Dr. Hillburn at Annapolis ENT. Be sure to see HIM and no one else.

I had to travel to NY to see Dr. Coryllos with DD because the other docs at Annapolis ENT didn't understand but when I took DS (who was 3), he agreed that something wasn't right and did do a clip on him (under general because of his age). I sent a friend of mine to him as well with her 4 year old and he also clipped her posterior tie too.

If this baby is tied, I will see Dr. Hillburn, even if I have to pay out of pocket (which I probably will, as we will have military insurance). I spent a ton of money on dentists and ENTs here before traveling to NY and was happy to find Dr. Hillburn. I <3 him, he is truly amazing with kids and is the only doctor I know who will admit that he was wrong and mom was right!

If you go and see him, tell him Felicia ****** recommended him. He may not remember me (I haven't seen him in a while) but he remembers when I tell him I have referred people to him for tongue tie clips.

Good luck!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
#3 of 7 Old 05-13-2010, 12:56 PM

check out baltimoreent.com .

I took my two month old to Dr. Weiss. She was young enough to just have topical numbing with Lidocain. It was done in minutes.

hth!

ps.They have 3 locations.

Creative - Wife to heartbeat.gif mother to 4  biggrinbounce.gif bouncy.gif jog.gif3rdtri.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gifhomeschool.gif and always praying.gif. (Learning Grace and patience)

#4 of 7 Old 05-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Did your baby have a posterior tie or an 'classic' tongue tie to the tip of the tongue? Most providers (especially ENT's) don't understand a posterior tie. I saw three ENT's, plus 2 pediatric dentitsts who told me there was nothing wrong with my child and that I just wanted something to blame the BFing troubles on. She was very severely tied, type 4 (which is as severe as posterior ties go) but no one here in MD would even agree something was abnormal!

Just curious, as it's always good to know of other ENT's with posterior tie experience. I only know of the one I've seen and dealt with so I love to hear of other places that acknowledge and treat them!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
#5 of 7 Old 05-15-2010, 12:45 PM

DD was typical "tip of the tongue" tie.

Homewithtwinsmama said there is a CPM in SHippensburg pa that will do it.

you could PM her for the info

Creative - Wife to heartbeat.gif mother to 4  biggrinbounce.gif bouncy.gif jog.gif3rdtri.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gifhomeschool.gif and always praying.gif. (Learning Grace and patience)

#6 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 AM

I didn't know that there were ENTs who didn't "deal" with posterior tongue ties! My daughter was tongue-tied and it went unnoticed until I brought it to the peds attention & we only saw one ENT who diagnosed it and clipped it. Wasn't around here, though. I hope that you can find someone! It made all the difference in our nursing relationship (she was 3mo was it was clipped).

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#7 of 7 Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
There is a doctor in Philadelphia who was trained by Dr. Coryllos to diagnose and treat posterior tongue tie. I can look around for the name, but you might be able to find it through Dr. Coryllos' office, and it was definitely mentioned in another thread on tongue tie.

We were sent to a few ENTs in the DC area who could not diagnose it in our daughter and ended up going to Dr. Coryllos. She has since had a stroke.

Good luck,
Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page