Breech and Moxibustion - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2010, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have experience getting a breech baby to turn using moxibustion/accupuncture? I am currently 34 weeks and baby is breech. I know she has time to flip around (as she has been doing the entire pregnancy), but I can't help but worry. I started seeing a chiro this week and plan to continue on a weekly basis, but thought I should also look into moxibustion and accupuncture. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jane -- married to Ernie since 1993, mommy to Jonah (6/03) and Noah (11/06), m/c 1/09 and 10/09 and finally due with our little girl (8/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010, 03:58 PM

Glad you've started doing something this early. I don't have experience with acupuncture, but a friend of mine had her transverse baby turn head down at 36 weeks after only 1 acupuncture session.

Are you just doing straight chiro, or does yours do additional work like cranio-sacral therapy and myofascial release? I tried straight chiro to no avail, but got the help I needed and had a perfectly positioned baby with an incredibly easy, fast third birth (after babes #1 and 2 were malpositioned/excruciating back labors).

Dr. Carol Phillips in Annapolis is the chiro who does cranio-sacral/mfr as well. Two sessions with her gave me my best birth ever She's an amazing woman who travels all over the world teaching her techniques to m/w and bodyworkers AND she's been a doula at over 700 births

Check her out at http://www.dynamicbodybalancing.com/
Old 07-06-2010, 04:09 PM

I had a breech baby. I saw a Chiro that did the Webster Technique, saw an Acupuncturist that did moxibustion (and then I did it on my own at home after one session with her), visualized my son turning along with emotional freedom technique (EMF). SOMETHING worked, but who knows what. Maybe he would have turned without anything but I recommend trying whatever you can to get that babe to turn. Of course I then ended up with horrible back labor (he was facing the wrong direction) so do whatever you can to get your baby in a optimal position. Also check out www.spinningbabies.com.

User Tag List