Any younger mamas in Glen Burnie area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a 22 y/o crunchy mama with a 15 month old DS and a DD on the way. And I've got no mommy friends Out of all the old high school friends, they're all either just now graduating from college or partying it up and living with mom and dad so I don't really connect with any of them. And they look at my toddler as though he's sprouting tentacles from his ears

Any other lonely young mamas out there? We should get to know each other!
#2 of 8 Old 07-08-2010, 05:51 PM

hey!

i am a young mom in Frederick, Md so not to far away. i am 23 and DS 2.5. my friends are great with DS but like yours they are just out of college and have their own lives to live!
#3 of 8 Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey I'm at Ft Meade and spend a lot of time in Glen Burnie. I'm 22 with a 19 month old DS1 and DS2 on the way, I'll PM you my number if you want to text me some time. We should get a playdate together, I know 2 other crunchy young moms in the area.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#4 of 8 Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1littlebit View Post
hey!

i am a young mom in Frederick, Md so not to far away. i am 23 and DS 2.5. my friends are great with DS but like yours they are just out of college and have their own lives to live!
You're actually quite close to me, we just bought a house in Glen Burnie but until renovations are complete I'm still living in Pikesville. PMing

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_mae_ View Post
Hey I'm at Ft Meade and spend a lot of time in Glen Burnie. I'm 22 with a 19 month old DS1 and DS2 on the way, I'll PM you my number if you want to text me some time. We should get a playdate together, I know 2 other crunchy young moms in the area.
That would be really cool! I'm PMing you.
*EDIT
I tried PMing you but was told that your box was full!
#5 of 8 Old 07-15-2010, 11:14 PM

Micah, I assume I'm one of the 2 young crunchy mamas you know :P

I'm 24 with a 4 yr old DS, 18 mo old DD and baby #3 on the way (in 9ish weeks). I don't have many young mommy friends...especially like minded ones lol. I live in Glen Burnie. Whereabouts did you buy a house? I can PM you my number too if you want!
Posted via Mobile Device

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
#6 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you head over to Special Beginings they might still have their weekly breastfeeding support group where there used to be quite a few crunchy moms. I moved away over 3 years ago so do not know if they still do it. Good luck!
#7 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattygirl99 View Post

I'm 24 with a 4 yr old DS, 18 mo old DD and baby #3 on the way (in 9ish weeks). I don't have many young mommy friends...especially like minded ones lol. I live in Glen Burnie. Whereabouts did you buy a house? I can PM you my number too if you want!
Posted via Mobile Device
We bought in the Oakwood area, over near Baltimore Washington Medical Center. I grew up in Severn and graduated from Old Mill High so I'm really excited my kids will get to grow up in the same area I did You could PM your number but I'm really not a phone person, I'm much more of a face-to-face or an emailer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillymum View Post
If you head over to Special Beginings they might still have their weekly breastfeeding support group where there used to be quite a few crunchy moms. I moved away over 3 years ago so do not know if they still do it. Good luck!
Thanks for the tip! I just checked their website and they had the Mother's Group listed on there. Will definitely call and check it out
#8 of 8 Old 07-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattygirl99 View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Lol yes you are!

OP sorry I just got internet today! I'll clear out my inbox and PM you again.

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page