Quiet Waters Park - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-12-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My boys are getting their pictures done there and I was REALLY hoping for some beachy/playing in the sand type pictures. I know they have beautiful gardens which is the main reason I chose there. but does anyone know of a place at QW that has something like that?

Love 12.22.2004 ** Marriage 2.24.2007 ** Baby Carriage 8.7.2007 ** Double Stroller 7.20.2009 ** Triple Trouble EDD 5.15.2011
#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2010, 06:48 PM

There's a dog beach but I doubt that's what you were thinking! If you drive down past the dog park and park in the lot on the right and walk through the trail there, there are areas with some water, but you are in the woods and it's not really beachy. There are also some trails that lead to the park on your right as you enter, but again, not beachy. The dog beach area has changed a lot since I used to go there a few years ago, but there used to be a barrier and beyond that a sandy area that the dogs didn't use. The last time I went to the dog beach, though, it didn't look like it would be possible to get over there. You could go scope it out in advance.

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).
#3 of 4 Old 07-14-2010, 02:30 PM

I don't know anything about Quiet Waters but you might also want to consider Down's Park in Pasadena. DH and I had our engagement pictures done there and it was amazing! They have beachy areas, gardens, nature trails, a really nice peir and lots of places to get some great shots.

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#4 of 4 Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 PM

The dog beach is actually now closed indefinitely due to erosion. I know it wasn't what you were looking for anyway, but just wanted to let people know since it was mentioned.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page