Day trip to the aquarium, need restaurant ideas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-19-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

We are planning a day trip into Baltimore this summer. We will be staying north of the city and have the idea to take the light rail downtown and visit the aquarium as soon as it opens. (on a Monday or Tuesday)

My specific question is where to eat a late lunch in the inner harbor area? We don't mind taking a cab somewhere but don't want to go too far out of the harbor area. We just don't want to devote tons of time in transport.

We generally avoid chain restaurants. We eat pretty much everything. I would like something local, would love a seafood place that has hard shells.

We would like to find someplace for a relaxing late lunch before we hop back on the light rail to head north. DS sits just fine in a restaurant so we don't needs a "get them in an out" type of place.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#2 of 3 Old 07-19-2010, 02:29 PM

All of the restaurants in the harbor area are chains, however you're only a block (and a half-ish) to Little Italy. There are TONS of amazing restaurants in Little Italy.

If you're looking specifically for crabs, I'd take a cab to Canton Dockside. It's a casual (kid friendly) atmosphere, their crabs are great and the crab bisque is to die for! It's my 5 yr old's FAVORITE thing to eat.

Just as an FYI, they don't have crayons/activities for the kids, but they have 'how to eat a crab' placemats my girls love coloring on, I usually have a few crayons in my pocket and they do great.

Enjoy your visit!

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
#3 of 3 Old 07-21-2010, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, that place looks great!

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page