Possible move to Maryland, need help with the where. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Mamas,

We are a family of 5 I have three little one under 7. We are currently in N Wilmington but are looking to possible be moving to Maryland. My husband will be keeping his jon in N. Wilmington and so ideally we would like to move within 30-45min of the N. Wilmington area, so that he can commute.

I am very unfamiliar with the Maryland, so I was hoping some of you local mama's might be able to point us in a good direction. elkton seems to be in the drive time, but I know nothing about it, are there crunchy earthy mama there, local farmers markets organic farms? What about any other towns? We would like at least a few acres of property, We live in a very uppidy almost stuffy kind of neigborhood now with lots of restrictions so we definitely don't want that.

Any ideas, any good places to check out.

Thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I probably won't be of much to help to you, but I just moved here to Elkton, MD from PA. I've lived in either PA or DE for most of my life, and I didn't know anything about MD either. I've been here since April, and I've liked it so far. However, I'm having a HUGE issue finding an affordable homebirth midwife. I just discovered that our local hospital here in Elkton, Union, doesn't allow VBAC's, even though I've had two unassisted births since then.

As for natural mama stuff, I haven't really explored this town yet. When I want natural foods/products, I still go to the natural foods store in Newark, which is only about 15 minutes from Elkton. I do LOVE how many parks and bodies of water there are out here. I also love how everything seems to be located right in town.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
tinkerbelle, have you considered Karen C? I don't have her number anymore, but I used her with my 4th when we lived in Baltimore and it was within our budget.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  

User Tag List